Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

it would be really great if auto-shutdown features of the vesc firmware worked (1 additionnal io to drive the power latch i guess)

Can someone confirm if hfi or vss is working on Ubox v1?

HFI yes.

1 Like

Dear Friends,
now ubox customed 5.3 firmware are available now in our website.
kindly reminds, after your updating to 5.3 , your uni1 remote has no response(it may happen to other remote, too), need to do setting in vesc tool , then it can work via UART mode.

7 Likes

right switch for the spintend???

hi @John-Spintend @AmySpintend
i just plugged in my vesc and suddenly it caught on fire (like proper flames and everything)
quickly unplugged and took off the screws (was still smoking) and i have no idea what happened
please someone help and what do i do with this?
litterally shaking still

2 Likes

well i think here is the reason why
looks like the pos was a bad solder joint and came undone

2 Likes

What’s the history of this build before this happened? Is this the very first time you plugged it in? If not, has anything notable happened between the last time you plugged it in and now?

2 Likes

How old is this spintend? Is it an early beta unit?

4 Likes

With the USB-C and the standoffs it looks like it’s a fairly recent unit.

4 Likes

Mine caugh on fire at 30mph, I still remmeber that day 🥲 I loved this controller so much…for like 2 weeks. But yeah it was an early beta unit and spintend sent a free replacement.

4 Likes

I plugged it in last night for the first time
Heard a pop and some smoke and quickly unplugged but nothing happened.
I plugged in for the second time this morning and it caught on fire
I talked to spintend and they are talking to their engineers and are going to help me soon

@skyart it’s from a couple months ago
Quite recent and v2 model

3 Likes

This sounds like reverse polarity…

Brave lol

6 Likes

Checked like 20 times and it’s not
That’s what I thought

More like stupid

7 Likes

i checked the video and it was my first thought as it looked like the battery had minus soldered to the xt90 positive pin but the cable was just flipped so they crossed.

2 Likes

that was my thought today
i checked like 1000 times and checked with a multimeter and im almost sure its not the battery or polarity
once i get a new vesc i will let you know
its a 14s battery and all my current vescs are 12s max

@hardunclejohn Do you have the source code for the Ubox V2 firmware?

The binaries are posted but I could not find the source. I found the source for Ubox V1 firmware 5.2 only.

Ubox V1 5.2 100A/300A: Ubox Source Code - Google Drive
Ubox V1 5.3:
Ubox V2 75/200 5.2:
Ubox V2 75/200 5.3:
Ubox V2 100/200 5.2:
Ubox V2 100/200 5.3:

Am I looking in the wrong place?

2 Likes

I’m sorry for that, we already got your mail and fix this , right? it’s an early beta version.

Hi, John already upload it in github, please check it here, if there is anything you want?
https://github.com/JohnSpintend/bldc/tree/main/build_all

1 Like

Looks like that fork of the bldc repo is private.
I’m getting a 404 error from the link, and John’s profile has no public repositories.

1 Like