72v 20s esc suggestions

Its taken me a while to figure out all of the weird quirks with my 100v ubox2, and even though Ive been pretty diligent about running the correct fw, it has tried to kill me a few times with bizarre faults related to the switching frequency. However, it’s a little like the devil I know…

I recently installed a couple of makerx ESCs, dv4s and dv6 (?) red label for some friends… And those had their own custom fw and quirks…

2 Likes

Sorry I’m french, you mean both are shitty?

1 Like

I’m saying spintend ESCs have a lot of known issues, but are typically correctable… MakerX high v ESCs are newer and mostly reliable, but I also don’t know if they’ll have more issues that haven’t been discovered yet.

2 Likes

Most people are happy with spintend. Makerx has better hardware but it is new and not tested yet. Since you are from France you should talk to https://rage-mechanics.com/ when you want a vesc. Ask him what is his opinion on makerx :grin: :fire:

2 Likes

Happy with it until it catches on fire and burns your board down. This is their reputation and most folks here won’t touch anything from Spintend.

MakerX makes pretty good stuff and is generally the best budget option for high voltage. Some ESCs have issues, but they aren’t famous for catching on fire at least.

1 Like

From my understanding, the main cause of the fires was from using the wrong firmware. Are there cases of fires occuring with the correct firmware? Mine has been good for a while, but have always top mounted just incase

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know but there have been enough documented cases of them going up in flames that I have steered clear.

2 Likes