Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Yes, that’s my conclusion too. I tried it with ilogger over uart, moment I plug it in, bt or remote stops working, depending on which side I plug it in.

1 Like

Is it because the BT is trying to act like a control device? I don’t have any problems when I have metr in the other port but bluetooth, nope.

yes, it’s because the remote used uartA. so when you use both UART ports, the remote is not assigned with any UART port, can’t work

2 Likes

Question about 4wd operation. If I connect canbus from one ubox to another, how do I wire the switch to turn them both on and off at the see time? Do I just parallel all 3 wires to both units? Also do I just connect can H and can L? Or all 4 wires

1 Like

About switch I can’t say, but I connected CAN on High and Low only. I did use a shielded wires thou, so in case I should get signal issues one day I can connect the shield to ground on one side.

1 Like

Hard to say exactly what happened, but motors locked up threw me off, and then I saw smoke come out of the enclosure, will investigate tonight my settings were 90battery amps and 100 motor

21 Likes

Oh no so sorry

Starting to get a bit scared about mine…

3 Likes

Bro, oh noooooooooooooo. You come out all right?

5 Likes

Hopefully this was just 1 bad case
So sorry man and @hardunclejohn any reason you can think

1 Like

dude are you ok???

4 Likes

Emotionally. He’s not okay. :sob:

10 Likes

A bit scraped up…mostly confidence is shook. Especially after my last fall, broken ankle and what not. Gonna crack it open later. Uuuuuuuugh no idea what could have happened. Battery is in tacked, bms has ash all over it but seems to still be working, at least the blue tooth function is.

14 Likes

If the motors locked up, sounds like the phase side of the ESC shorted.

6 Likes

Yeah this is a ginormous bummer man :pensive: glad no serious bodily injury

4 Likes

One motor deffinetly locked up

2 Likes

Wouldnt have happened to been running a METR/iLogger at the time would ya? Stuff like this is why I want my logs running as soon as I turn the board on. Also freaks me out. Glad you’re Okay.

Edit: also not to put METR or iLogger out, but this is why the VESC firmware should have this as a standard feature. Post mortem RCA is critical for finding flaws and preventing them in the future. The fact it isn’t baked in as standard is dumb. (less it is and I’m uninformed)

7 Likes

Unfortunately no, all I had was davega and that does not log

Where do you believe the problem lay
You think the vesc failed or the motors shorted

1 Like

Sudden great interest in top mounting ESC.
Dang why no robogotchi? or any bt logs??

4 Likes

Ohhh shiiiit, glad your ok

1 Like