ZESC v6c vesc variant

thanks, i forget to lower down the height around the connectors.
the total height with m4 scerws and Screw Terminals(see image below) will be no higher than 9.6mm

11 Likes

Ah ok, got it. Looks good. I like it. Thx!

1 Like

I would love to see this sort of modularity in all ESC’s made for esk8… I’ve gone the route of making all motor-side leads a fixed 3-3.5" long w/MR60 and 6pin aviation, using the ESC-side leads as the extension… not having to solder on and off every time would make swapping decks/enclosure styles really easy.

Obviously, it makes it a little bit more tedious to waterproof - a few coats of MG Chems 419D & then liquid e tape should suffice - along with proper application of thread-locker to make sure the phase leads could never loosen (can’t really use red, heating that on the PCB would be a bad idea)

It’s a longshot, but @jeffwuneo… You should consider this option in some of your neoESC’s

Also, marine grade tinned copper lugs are what you want for this application… None of those pussy little ring terminals…

3 Likes

screw terminals have less contact resistance than mr60(xt60 series). have you ever seen banana plugs used in EV applications? now, I am going to remove the screw terminals because they take too much space.

5 Likes

I don’t understand this graph. Is this ESC for high demand builds or something lower power? What current limits could I set using a large heatsink? If you need a tester for high power builds I’d be interested.

2 Likes

before I do any further improvement on my v6c, I have couple of questions.
what are the average wattage, average phase current, maximum wattage and maximum current for normal use.
what are the desired size for single and dual version.
thanks.

4 Likes

now I am a little bit confused. if v6c has active cooling, it’s able to run under at least 60a continuously(based on the test in the previous video). but some people said that they would like passive cooling. for passive cooling, it definitely cannot handle 60a. but if they only need 30a or 40a, it will be possible.

I dont have the tools to measure those values but I can say that I run my AT board with 80 motor amps at 12s on a Unity. The size we want for a dual is this right here:

Also take a look at this thread

Sorry, I think you misunderstood, probably because I worded it incorrectly.

I’m all for the screw down terminals.

Was just saying for wire ESC side termination to use quality lugs.

These

Instead of these

5 Likes

Yet another thing to loctite on your board :roll_eyes:

Although it could be pretty useful

1 Like

Hey I’ve tried to run down the electrical difference if any between these types of lugs. Do you have any tech info? Even the high quality vendors like Amphenol don’t really talk about amp ratings. I guess it’s tied to the compatible wire gauges…

I would say the average lays around 1500-1800watt.
Size wise, sure the smaller the better :sweat_smile: but everything that is around the size for a 4p18650 pack for a single should be fine, so 80x65x20

Spring washers/star washer can hold it in. We use them on extreme vibrations vehicles with no issues. Loctite is for an extra peace of mind.

4 Likes

I would say active cooling might be useful for Single/mono Drive builds and Ebikes and other areas where higher power might be needed.

Some time ago there was a topic in the other forum about wattages, but yeh, I think it is like @Andy87 said, that mostly it is up to 2kw total.

Doing hills etc is another story though.

1 Like

done. my friend installed and took a test ride. 13s 2p, frequency 30k, maximum phase current 80a, maximum wattage 1200w. temp was about 65c without active cooling. larger caps are needed for 13s.

12 Likes

phase wire short circuit test
ocp test

25 Likes

That makes the ZESC the most resilient VESC by far, when I short phases im lucky if my mosfets blow out, and if it’s a bad day the traces burn out and take the DRV with them. This is my next purchase, nicely done man.

12 Likes

Can I buy 2 of this ASAP?

3 Likes

eBay?

5 Likes

Do you have these in anybody’s hands yet?

Eyeing this for a maytech 4.xx 100A replacement for my single drive…