ZESC v6c vesc variant

Looks like a JST GH 1.25mm 6pin connector.

4 Likes

I got mine Saturday. They appear to be high quality. I’m going to work on getting them installed this weekend.

23 Likes

So it sounds like this a 20-25A battery, 60A motor kind of controller?

2 Likes

some updates.
designed a new housing for the v6c. new size 48x77x30mm with fan.
added usb-c port.
14awg motor wires were replaced by 4mm smd nuts which is able to handle higher current.
added canbus connector.

19 Likes

fan? I dont know… more parts, more complications, more points of failure… passive design always wins out for reliability

2 Likes

Just use a bigger heatsink -> more surface area to cool passively. Plus I doubt that you would be running it at 1kW continuously

2 Likes

Which is why all cars have passive air cooling?

8 Likes

A fan would be nice if our enclosures had airflow. Most don’t though. Just adds extra space and cost.

2 Likes

aww, but car cooling can be quite unreliable…
but thats coming from someone who’s most expensive car ever was 1500€ :joy:
edit: holy shit my esk8 was more expensive :thinking:

7 Likes

This would put single stack enclosures out of the question with the fan, way too thick.

Ideally something 20mm or less would be good.

1 Like

You could have enclosures with fan openings. Would have to put some sort of dust guard though

Brine guard LoL

4 Likes

v6c, ‘c’ means compact. if I use large heatsink, it confits with my design rule.
I did the test just to show its performance. as I know, even 500w maximum (not continuous) is good enough for normal dual drive skate boards. :smile: if its the case, fan can be removed.

2 Likes

same answer, if you don’t need 1kw continuous output, fan can be removed.

What kind of wattage could this handle if I gave it a massive heatsink to dump heat into?

can’t imagine my 250w rated motor hits 88 amps. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi @zhanzhan
What should I do if I want to connect the metr(UART) and PPM receiver at the same time?

updates.
I changed layout of the board and designed a new housing for it. with this new design, v6c can be mounted on what ever heatsink you like.
new size: 48x84x9.6mm

9 Likes

No, My concern is that no servo connectors like other VESCs are found.

I‘m not common with the phase wire connectors. Do you have a picture how the male side would look like, or as min how high they would stand up out of the case?