ZESC v6c vesc variant

phase current is not linear with duty cycle, it depends on erpm.

2 Likes

On that EBay listing, it says IO ports: adc1, adc2, uart, ppm, iic, yet on the pictures from your initial post, I couldn’t see how you’d connect ADC2? Could you clarify?

Awesome! Now show us 12s ;D

1 Like

sure I will do that.

1 Like

Does acceleration on 12s also show the issues it might face with braking? Like the voltage shooting up towards 60v, the heat caused by it, etc?

you need to solder a wire to the third pad, count from left, to use ADC2.

Not a yes or no question but acceleration/breaking produce similiar peak behaviours. It would give some pointers atleast.

1 Like

Hmmm, I’m confused, isn’t it the same as connecting to that orange wire in the plug? Which is marked as being TX

Please read my reply again.

1 Like

Power and ground inputs are rather far apart. Do you have a scope shot of the switching transients on power and ground inputs at moderate load of 5-10A? Do they present any risk to the notorious drv chip?

It looks like heat is conducted through the board rather than through the mosfet housings. The board looks like its 1.6mm thick (maybe it’s my eyes). Might be better to make it .8mm thick to double your heat transfer

Capacitance looks a little low. Are those 100V, 15uF ceramics? With voltage derating they might only be 5uf at 12s.

Nice low side current sense. Gives a smart looking layout and cuts costs. I cant wait to see it in action!

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion. Caps are 3x 100v 47uf and 6x 100v 4.7uf. Many people mentioned capacitance. I think ceramic cap has better performs in suppressing high frequency noise than electrolytic one. as long as everything works fine, we don’t need to worry to much about it. If I could, I will post a scope capture.
1.2mm pcb is more likely to be used. 0.8mm is a little bit too thin. Might be bent easily.

4 Likes

I used a relay to simulate switching on and off under 55v continuously to check the stability of the anti spark switch. Everything works fine.

12 Likes

Show us dat 12s, preferably with some hard brakes and full throttles :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Hard brakes from full speed with a heavy load on a fully charged battery :smirk:

And hit a few pebbles to make the wheels jolt a bit to really get some spikes in those lines

10 Likes

While in a bucket of water.

7 Likes

Sorry, might be already overlooked, but what about using another DRV model ?
Here are those already supported by the official VESC FW :

2 Likes

@Pimousse I think he was just talking about how maytech didn’t engineer theirs very well and that they shouldn’t use the DRV 8301. If you look at the OP the ZESC Uses the DRV 8323.

7 Likes

My friend’s scooter is running on 13s, I will let him try my v6c and see what gonna happen.

11 Likes

i got mine couple days ago, overall packaging is really nice.

couple questions.

i don’t see a port for motor sensors, is that right? running this unsensored?

can i get a wiring diagram for the power switch? i want to see if i can reuse the unity momentary switch.

i guess that’s it.

8 Likes

@thisguyhere It should have one, the OP showed the motor sensor port here. No idea what that connectors called though.

5 Likes