Unity replacement community wishlist

@DerelictRobot you’re right, I was lost in the blinding complexity that is USB c and not remembering that you can just run d+ and d- on the two middle pins and its the same thing as USB 2.

4 Likes

@DerelictRobot @nickw1881

andrew, nick,

this is not how arguments work on the internet. please try again.

6 Likes

Sorry. Ahem:

@nickw1881 Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

Also sup Altium20. But I’m lazy and use Eagle still when I can get away with it.

9 Likes

Ahh, a fellow expert in drawing colored lines! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

7 Likes

My wishlist? @blasto, especially @Deodand,

• I would like to run 18s,
    -dual unity-replacement in 48 hours at Barrett Junction. It’s just 30 miles from San Diego
  • and I already have a build that could fit the lipos with heatsink space for days. (13.5 x 14 x 3 mm) x 2

Also tomorrow is my birthday and I haven’t been fighting with cars, … lately. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Bro give me USB C charging.
@Trampa @jeffwuneo @dontatme

3 Likes

All of my boards have USBC charging at 80 watts from any MacBook 87 watt charger.

Or an external device

7 Likes

ooohhh I like, built or bought?

1 Like

Built.

3 Likes

Id be very interested in a guide if you have the time to write one up

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m going to make in bulk. With digipots and microprocessor.i Kind of like analog 10k pots. Old school

1 Like

You’re using a USB C decoy trigger? What buck converter are you running? Looks like CC-CV? I was looking and couldn’t really find any that could do 20v to 50+ at 5A input that wasn’t gigantic.

A bunch of them goes to 46ish V but not enough for 12s

No need to build them , Im just curious what parts youre using, I can probably build it myself

No. It’s not like that. It needs a handshake . Continuous. Otherwise it will default to 5 volts. Not as simple as adding a resistor or shorting.

1 Like

I don’t know about using it for power, 60W (or whatever) through two dc/dc converters isn’t going to do much motoring.

I think a reasonable option is to use it for data only since no one has USB micro cables anymore.

Well you can get small voltage/current negotiation boards for that right?

You sure you don’t want to write up a guide? If you put some effort in writing up what you’ve done this community will probably help to improve it for you and others.

Some mad feels on the USB standards from hardware perspective. Its a pile of reading.
Not sure why i didint think of using the only the Data lines of C connector with a 2.0 transcevier… Im stupid. Brb changing all my micro connectors…

1 Like

Do you want cheap ass China chargers that pump 20volts into your 1300 dollar phone and frying it?

A handshake is necessary.

Get over it :upside_down_face::grin:

Additional NTC port for battery temperature sensing

Looks like we have another dual ESC coming to the market. The ZESC claims 13s but low current ratings. He says he needs some info on the typical power draw of boards on here. Lets help him out.

1 Like