Unity replacement community wishlist

Now that the Unity is done we need something to fill in the gap. This thread should be a community wishlist so ESC oem’s can know what we want and don’t want. These are the features I believe made the Unity so convenient:

1. App that lets you seamlessly change almost any setting for both “sides” simultaneously ( no need to do anything twice)

2. PC free setup

3. <$200 per motor

U FUCKING S FUCKING B FUCKING C I’m not buying anything with a micro-usb port in 2020

Anything else? Add below

FYI @jeffwuneo because you’re out best hope :pray:

27 Likes

First like🤘🏼

5 Likes

Similar in size

Reliable on and off switch

7 Likes

Distributed from stock not preorder. :blush:

19 Likes

Totally agree. I don’t buy pre-order.

1 Like

Integrated but bypassable antispark
The ability to toggle CAN bus connection
Small profile
Heat sink/mounting plate
Bluetooth
USB-C
Dual UART

14 Likes

Pre set profiles option so you can hand the remote to a new user without changing all your settings.

11 Likes

This is one of the reasons i got a Hoyt puck, the lowest of the three modes has been perfect for curious friends.

5 Likes

I’ve considered getting it just for that feature but can’t justify it when Jeff keeps saying profiles are coming soon. Remote is even faster though…

1 Like

U FUCKING S FUCKING B FUCKING C I’m not buying anything with a micro-usb port in 2020

If you use a wireless connection 99% of the time, why so keen on USB-C?

App that lets you seamlessly change almost any setting for both “sides” simultaneously ( no need to do anything twice)

That is called PROFILES.

2 Likes

Because when it does come time to adjust something thats not on the app we dont want to have to go looking for a Micro USB tranfer cable.

13 Likes

I honestly also prefer to upload firmware and bootloaders through cable or programmer. Mutch faster…

6 Likes

Even counting the time it takes to put the enclouser on and off?

4 Likes

Ding ding.

Even my top mount enclosure with its 4 screws would be more of a hassle to drag my entire board upstairs and plug to my computer or move laptop to garage than the slightly slower transfer speed of wireless updates (<5 mins)

6 Likes

Benchwheel remote does that

I don’t have a (smart)phone, and bluetooth is janky. Finding a reliable micro B cable to do firmware updates safely is a hassle. USB-C FTW!

5 Likes

Good point! but I’m pretty sure, without even trying to compete in time, it would be done faster than the wireless upload. Not to mention, I need to keep my phone awake in the process or the transfer fails.
Wireless can stay for sure, but a modern usb connection is wanted too :slight_smile:

Thats why we want USB Type C @Trampa

2 Likes

What phone do you use mr drug dealer?

8 Likes

The latest VESC-Tool does a FW update in about 2 mins via BLE. Start it, go grab a drink, inspect your board, job done. With the new VESC-Tool 2.0 you don’t even need to update the FW if you don’t want to.
It is super rare that I plug in a USB. Even if I want the full desktop tool: I use my phone as a wireless bridge.