ZESC Raiden-7 release

Ok maybe I could attach a power supply and limit the current. According to the manual the minimal voltage is 24v. I need to run my laptop from it´s battery to avoid ground loop.
Anyone knows what type of mosfets is mounted closest to the capacitors?

1 Like

Think it’ll even live from 12V. just set current prot. at like 500mA.

Not sure about those FETs, havn’t seen the schematic, guessing its some kind of softstart/antispark

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get news of @zhanzhan ?
ZESC7 out of stock and no response to emails :thinking:

Last I contacted him (less than 2 weeks ago) they were all out of stock on IC’s and were waiting for components, so no more Zesc 7 until further notice.

2 Likes

Dunno if this is the right thread to ask in but what were those features?

This is super impressive and useful, because sometimes your motor windings will short from a bad motor / damage / overheating, so having the ESC not die from that is fantastic

4 Likes

I remember when this was first discussed. I believe somebody said that any quality ESC should be able to survive that.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it because of the DRVless design?

Hello guys, ZESC is back. We have been disappeared for around two years, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience. Appreciate people who supported us since 2019!
R7 is in stock again and we will release a new ZESC soon.
For R7 we did some updates.

1. added roll-to-start function
  2. optimized circuit & layout
  3. removed 14v aux output.

For more details please check our website https://www.discoverzesc.com/raiden7-series

Some sexy pictures of R7

14 Likes

oooooooooooo me likey :yum:

4 Likes

what in the world youre back!

8 Likes

Did you finish university? :smiley:

4 Likes

New variant, Raiden 7-HV, release.
HV version supports lipo battery pack up to 20s.

7 Likes

You have a typo in your “Battery voltage and current” column. It says 94V instead of 84V.

3 Likes

Actually, it is not a typo. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Your top image says: “RAIDEN 7-HV” “84V CERTIFIED”

The bottom image (chart) says: “RAIDEN 7-HV” “24V-94V”

I’m not sure what we’re supposed to understand from that. Does that mean that the hardware is built with 94v components but only rated for 20s use?

More details would be helpful here.

1 Like

That’s exactly how that works.

4 Likes

Cool. I’m going to use ZESC-7 HV for the 22.38s build I’ve been thinking about.

Edit - dumb jokes aside, I don’t think this is clear enough. If you only looked at the table, it would be very reasonable to assume you could run 22s on the ZESC-7 HV. If there is a safe limit at 20s, this should be more obvious wherever you have a voltage limit advertised, or have more details in a footnote at the very least.

5 Likes

An alternate way, if it could run on 94v, would be to say 84v with regen, 94 without regen?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if positive voltage spikes can occur without regen braking as well.

4 Likes