ZESC v6c vesc variant

Hey I’ve tried to run down the electrical difference if any between these types of lugs. Do you have any tech info? Even the high quality vendors like Amphenol don’t really talk about amp ratings. I guess it’s tied to the compatible wire gauges…

I would say the average lays around 1500-1800watt.
Size wise, sure the smaller the better :sweat_smile: but everything that is around the size for a 4p18650 pack for a single should be fine, so 80x65x20

Spring washers/star washer can hold it in. We use them on extreme vibrations vehicles with no issues. Loctite is for an extra peace of mind.

4 Likes

I would say active cooling might be useful for Single/mono Drive builds and Ebikes and other areas where higher power might be needed.

Some time ago there was a topic in the other forum about wattages, but yeh, I think it is like @Andy87 said, that mostly it is up to 2kw total.

Doing hills etc is another story though.

1 Like

done. my friend installed and took a test ride. 13s 2p, frequency 30k, maximum phase current 80a, maximum wattage 1200w. temp was about 65c without active cooling. larger caps are needed for 13s.

12 Likes

phase wire short circuit test
ocp test

25 Likes

That makes the ZESC the most resilient VESC by far, when I short phases im lucky if my mosfets blow out, and if it’s a bad day the traces burn out and take the DRV with them. This is my next purchase, nicely done man.

12 Likes

Can I buy 2 of this ASAP?

3 Likes

eBay?

5 Likes

Do you have these in anybody’s hands yet?

Eyeing this for a maytech 4.xx 100A replacement for my single drive…

For all we know he might have just killed 4 mosfets live on video – he just has so many of them on that vesc that it doesn’t matter :laughing:

2 Likes

this is the next version.
ports: ppm, can, usb-c, adc, hall, uart, power switch.
more caps are added
still has bulid in antispark switch.

12 Likes

Is there any news about the dual version?

2 Likes

Mine would emit blue smoke so he’s ahead of the game.

4 Likes

9 Likes

@zhanzhan dude, you’ve been outted - is that the price you really gonna sell at?

1 Like

I have 2 but haven’t installed them yet, been busy finishing up a couple of builds.

2 Likes

Yeah nevermind, I can’t afford to put 3 grand CAD$ into my board just for ESCs…

“How to create lots of interest and lose it all in 4 hours.”

9 Likes

When I posted that link, it was only $99. Wth

2 Likes