ZESC Raiden-7 release

Yeah I saw those, but besides the increased power it didn’t show much :sweat_smile:

@zhanzhan Order in for transparent one! :heart_eyes:

can’t wait!

4 Likes

Normally people who choose transparent case have good taste. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

What is the recommended heatsink, size/volume of alu plate ?

1 Like

Alum plate? The total size of the Raiden 7 is 71 x 89 x 25mm. That includes the heatsink.

1 Like

Ok, I see. I’m in to DIY efoil and run a Watercooled Maytech ESC that Max 14S and I want to experiment with 18S.

Reading the Raider spec I got the impression they have a disclaimer on the optimal functionality unless properly cooled

2 Likes

Yes, if you were to use one for an efoil, you’d need to mount it to an even larger heatsink.

Speaking of efoils, did you happen to see the rifle case efoil build?

6 Likes

Yeah, impresive budget solution. My two last build have been based on Gong boards. 3000k budget on the last one.

youtu.be/LTU1-yNQvBo

2 Likes

Any updates on how chip shortages will affect shipping times and such? I do see a delay for orders placed on 13th of june, but what about orders placed after that?

2 Likes

Hey is there anyone here that got a raiden 7 to work with a METR pro?

EDIT: it works just fine it’s just me not checking the correct pinout, now it works just fine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi

Do you know when there will be new stock of raiden 7?

I have now been using the Raiden 7 in one of my efoil build and it is working really well. But unfortunately there was a leakage so it got a couple of waterdrops on it and did the magical smoke sign.
So two of the fets blew up. Do you think it is repairable? Could i try to start it with just usb power to see if the MCU is ok?

3 Likes

you need supply on to power it up. USB isnt enough.

Ok maybe I could attach a power supply and limit the current. According to the manual the minimal voltage is 24v. I need to run my laptop from it´s battery to avoid ground loop.
Anyone knows what type of mosfets is mounted closest to the capacitors?

1 Like

Think it’ll even live from 12V. just set current prot. at like 500mA.

Not sure about those FETs, havn’t seen the schematic, guessing its some kind of softstart/antispark

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get news of @zhanzhan ?
ZESC7 out of stock and no response to emails :thinking:

Last I contacted him (less than 2 weeks ago) they were all out of stock on IC’s and were waiting for components, so no more Zesc 7 until further notice.

2 Likes

Dunno if this is the right thread to ask in but what were those features?

This is super impressive and useful, because sometimes your motor windings will short from a bad motor / damage / overheating, so having the ESC not die from that is fantastic

4 Likes

I remember when this was first discussed. I believe somebody said that any quality ESC should be able to survive that.

2 Likes