ZESC Raiden-7 release

Wasn’t it because of the DRVless design?

Hello guys, ZESC is back. We have been disappeared for around two years, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience. Appreciate people who supported us since 2019!
R7 is in stock again and we will release a new ZESC soon.
For R7 we did some updates.

1. added roll-to-start function
  2. optimized circuit & layout
  3. removed 14v aux output.

For more details please check our website https://www.discoverzesc.com/raiden7-series

Some sexy pictures of R7

14 Likes

oooooooooooo me likey :yum:

4 Likes

what in the world youre back!

8 Likes

Did you finish university? :smiley:

4 Likes

New variant, Raiden 7-HV, release.
HV version supports lipo battery pack up to 20s.

7 Likes

You have a typo in your “Battery voltage and current” column. It says 94V instead of 84V.

3 Likes

Actually, it is not a typo. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Your top image says: “RAIDEN 7-HV” “84V CERTIFIED”

The bottom image (chart) says: “RAIDEN 7-HV” “24V-94V”

I’m not sure what we’re supposed to understand from that. Does that mean that the hardware is built with 94v components but only rated for 20s use?

More details would be helpful here.

1 Like

That’s exactly how that works.

4 Likes

Cool. I’m going to use ZESC-7 HV for the 22.38s build I’ve been thinking about.

Edit - dumb jokes aside, I don’t think this is clear enough. If you only looked at the table, it would be very reasonable to assume you could run 22s on the ZESC-7 HV. If there is a safe limit at 20s, this should be more obvious wherever you have a voltage limit advertised, or have more details in a footnote at the very least.

5 Likes

An alternate way, if it could run on 94v, would be to say 84v with regen, 94 without regen?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if positive voltage spikes can occur without regen braking as well.

4 Likes

its same thing as how u could run 13s on unity, just how much risk u willing to take

always leave headroom

2 Likes

For you guys that know waaaaay more about ESC technology, is the Raiden-7 a viable alternative to the other VESCs out there like Maker X?

They’re kinda big for esk8 but they’re also more powerful than the average ESC and have some very unique safety features. Not many people are running them so far, but I haven’t heard of any bad news. It’s a vesc, so I don’t see why you couldn’t use it, as long as you’re fine with using the screw terminals for the main wiring.

2 Likes

I bought the transparent non HV version.

Apart from lacking phase shunts I have 0 complaints. Sure, the FW isn’t from the main branch but I’m guessing it keeps getting updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like ZESC slots in the ESC market between Maker x D100 and little focers. They are all 20s, but ZESC is between them in max phase amps. Also reflected in the pricing. More than Maker X, less than little focers. Seems like a reasonable choice if you want more power than a maker x D100 can provide.

Would be interesting to know what the thermal performance is like, and if these require mounting to an externally exposed heatsink.

4 Likes

Hi, all components are 100v rated. We did validation of 84v 220a/phase and 94v 150a/phase. The issue was thermal. During the tests, R7 got overheated within 10 seconds (no heatsink). Finally, for many reasons we select 84v and 200a/phase as a desired use case. You can still do 94v with regen, but you must set a reasonable break current (battery voltage is below 100v when full break).

This table is available in user guide.

13 Likes

This is awesome - thanks for sharing more details