ZESC Raiden-7 release

phase wires with different length are fine.
For better cooling, It’s better to mount esc on just one side of the aluminum plate.

1 Like

Where can I find the ZESC/Raiden updates to the VESC source code so I can build my own firmware mods?

bottom of the page Raiden 7 series | Zesc (discoverzesc.com)

2 Likes

Thank you, I assumed only the binaries were available there. The makefile worked perfectly for me.

Have some laptop/pc style rads popping out of the enclosure, would be a first for sure and kinda sick if done properly

1 Like

I’ve been so tempted to make a water cooled build. Was even looking at rads. Wouldn’t be that hard.

1 Like

Water pump powered by one of the wheels/motors, watercooled motor, water cooled VESCtm :flushed: watercooled battery :woozy_face::woozy_face: and a radiator but no fan.

Okay but this sounds awesome not gonna lie

1 Like

on topic guys :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Watercooled ZESC Raiden 7? I say yes to that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really like the Raiden-7 so far but I’m not able to bootload the 5.03 beta FW to the Raiden-7.

I’m connecting to the Raiden-7 over USB with VESC tool 3.01. I navigate to the Firmware/Custom File tab and select the binary from the beta FW build folder. With the Firmware/Custom File tab visible, I click the update firmware button, the progress bar looks good, and the tool disconnects. When I reconnect, the firmware still says “Fw: 5.2, Hw: Raiden-7 5.02” and I expect to see 5.03.

Any advice?

I believe since 5.3 is in beta it might show up as 5.2 in the firmware menu still. Could be wrong though

1 Like

you need to flash bootloader before flashing new FW. bootloader tab is on the right side of custom file.

Thank you. Does it matter which of the three bootloader options I choose? It looks like there is a VESC 4, VESC 6, and generic option.

choose generic one

When is the Raiden 8 and Raiden 8 Pro coming, super into this project and thinking of getting this for my next 15-18s Esk8 Project, is there any significant step up between raiden 7 and 8 or is it minor improvements ?

I have no idea

1 Like

The Raiden 8 unofficial specs are posted on the site, you’re more than welcome to check yourself.

I successfully installed the generic bootloader and the raiden beta 5.03 build.

The latest (5-26-2021) beta VESC tool from the VESC forum says it cannot deserialize the motor information. Is this because the latest BLDC 5.03 build test version number on github is 37 and the raiden is 24?

messaged you

1 Like

Thank you very much. I ended up adding the hw_r7_drvless.c/h files and modifying conf_general.h to the latest commit on github, 5.03.37. I also built the latest vesc tool for OS X. Everything works on my testbench and the sensorless start is very smooth and consistent.

Thanks for designing such an elegant controller. The JST connectors are well thought out. Thanks especially for separating out the ADC and UART pins to different connectors and providing ring terminal mounts.

6 Likes