TS100 soldering iron thread

I’ve been looking for a new soldering iron. Has anybody used the TS100 or the SQ-100? Is it any good?

6 Likes

Can we convert this into a TS100 thread? I know that there is a few people who use it here.

I used it and it can do 10awg wires well with a C4 tip.

11 Likes

One of the best bang x da buck.

I’ve never used a TS100. Are they reliable with easily found wands and tips?

i use the MPJA ZD 929C, have been for years. the wands are like $7 and the tips are cheaper. Base unit has been going strong forever but i have to replace my wand probably every 7 or 8 months or so. I use it every damned day though, typically maxxed out at 480 degrees C because i’m impatient and like my solder to melt the instant i touch it and want the 12AWG to just take the fucking solder right now lol

9 Likes

TS80 is better

Beats many benchtop wellers easily.

Tips are durable and replacements available on banggood for a reasonable price.

5 Likes

oh shit i just looked up the TS100 and TS80… they’re so compact, the size of a $15 radioshack iron. Not sure what i was expecting. Kind of perfect for travel.

1 Like

I have a TS100 and solder with a 6S graphene LiPo, does 10AWG no problems. Same tip as above for extra heat storage.

1 Like

I was using a Ersa Digital 2000A for some time. And boi, it is heating up fast and is powerful.:flushed:

1 Like

Where do you guys get the power supply from? Other than batteries

according to this you can use a laptop style 12-24v charger/power supply, and amazon has plenty of those.

I think it should be noted that it’s a decent iron and really great for soldering “in the field” but if you have the space and money you should opt for a branded station. Safer, hotter, more durable.

1 Like

Except the TS80 beats many benchtop irons in all three of those…

It is powered through usb-c.

But Dave from EEVBLOG has shown that wellers are not safe so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I use my ts100 for my RC needs since it’s light and compact. Open source support too.

Edit:
I didn’t know he started supporting TS80s now.

How many volts does the TS 80 take?

Hook it up to any quick-charge capable powerbank or charger and you’re good to go.

Wouldn’t that be incredibly low powered though? Since most powerbanks only work at 5 volts

Yeah, my ts100 is better than my hacko benchtop for what I do with it.

Do it do it do it

UY CHAN Upgraded Original TS100 Digital OLED Programmable Pocket-size Smart Mini Outdoor Portable Soldering Iron Station Kit Embedded Interface DC5525 Acceleration Sensors STM32 Chip Fast Heat (B2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDTO6X7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IYx6DbNFW37TD

3 Likes

QUICK CHARGE power bank :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Oh, my bad.

For people coming in to this and wanting to buy. Cliffnotes from below testing.

TS80 is aluminium vs TS100 plastic, slightly smaller, has a removable grip and USB-C vs 5.5 barrel.

TS80 takes double the time to heat up to 400ish C but we’re talking 10 seconds more here. It also loses heat faster in use.

TLDR; You’re probably better off buying TS100 over a TS80.

7 Likes