*DEAD PROJECT* neoBOX Dual (March Releasing)

hehe, you would despair if you knew what sort of people exist out there. Namely, people like me :smiley:

Here’s a summary of my first bullet connector soldering work:

• Deliberating briefly on the purpose of the side holes, then shrugging my shoulders and confidently routing the wires through them
  • Putting just a little blob of solder as you would on electronics
  • Burning my fingers while holding the connector and trying to shove the tip of the iron in its cavity in quick bursts, to make that damn blob bond with it before it became too hot. Multiple times.
  • Deciding that I better use long-nose pliers to hold it, still doing finger acrobatics to manoeuvre the iron and solder wire with one hand
  • Then burning my thighs and neighbouring areas, dropping the burning bullet on them. Multiple times.
  • Dancing in agony every time to exorcise the flaming demon from my flesh -and then rushing to find and pick it up before it burned a hole in the carpet
  • Patting myself in the back proudly when 1 hour later the shrink sleeves seemed to hold the bulging monstrosities tightly
  • Wondering whether they were supposed to be looking like that and shrugging my shoulders again 2 seconds later
  • Shorting two of the wires when they broke loose a couple of miles later
  • Vowing to never solder bullet connectors again
  • Watching a 40 second video in youtube to see how come not everybody complains about these cursed things
  • Slapping my head hard. Multiple times.
  • Lying in fetal position with my head under the pillow, consoling myself that at least nobody knew what I had done.

Yep, we’re out there :slight_smile:

32 Likes

A+ for effort.

4 Likes

That would be an excellent addition to the esk8 confessions thread.

7 Likes

10 years ago, my brother would drop tiny semi-molten blobs of solder off of the tip of a AA battery operated soldering gun 6 inches above wire resting on a battery spring contact.

Somehow he actually made a few work.

Needless to say, I had to become the solderer, and I did 6 hours of quality soldering last night with one hand and two fingers from the other… Clamps and jigging is everything…

4 Likes

That’s an eye opener! Read the soldering thread! My first attempt was with a TS100 and helping hands.

2 Likes

wow, no the eye opener was actually that thread!

Although nowadays at least I am able to solder connectors without burning my balls, a lot of this info and gear can definitely make the job easier, thanks :smiley:

https://forum.esk8.news/t/serious-how-to-solder-the-complete-tutorial-from-a-z
https://forum.esk8.news/t/ts100-soldering-iron-thread

5 Likes

Hello friend. For wire we can include connector I think 4.5mm bullet.

3 Likes

Some motors have 4mm, some have 5.5. Why go for 4.5? (I guess it’s still okay for 4mm but :man_shrugging:)

Because all our motor we sell have this :wink:

8 Likes

Isnt the MR60 just a housing for 3x 3.5mm bullets though? I would have expected the 3.5mm bullets to come stock

2 Likes

30 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Serious] How To Solder-The Complete Tutorial From A>Z

Will this deck also work with 6 inch pneumatic tires?

what 6 phase motor are you expecting people to use? will your ESC support 6 phase motors?

3 Likes

Its a dual controller dude :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve only seen 6 phase used in heavy industrial applications.

This video was an interesting find while I was googling 6 phase motors.

6 Likes

Ahh. I see the confusion. Maybe he meant two sensor connectors per controller :man_shrugging:

i mean its not crazy as hobby brushless can have 6 wires broken out to allow delta / wye or 6 phase control, But this is not supported my most hobby ESC’s.

Oh no i got confused with the post you were replying too.

Never mind me.

2 Likes

I might be blind. But i never saw where I can fill out a form (or something) so I can order 1x dual NEObox. Any help please? :slight_smile:

5 Likes