The battery builders club

It’s the kind of thing where if you fix it now which isn’t that hard, you’ll never have to even think about it later

You are wrapping your parallel groups right…?

1 Like

I suppose I get what you’re saying. I don’t believe that a 3p pack is a fair comparison but I understand the concept

Sure I agree - I’ll do it right on the next 6 since I have to wait for more nickel anyway.

Yes I am, they will all be wrapped around the outside

1 Like

BTW @ZachTetra i wish I had your young man’s eyes… I never-ever-never dare to get that close to the edge…

nice welds… proper grouping if we’re arm-chair quarterbacking I’d say a little under-penetrated… but I’m sure you did a pull test on test cells so I’ll shudddup…

3 Likes

Aww thanks :smile:

The camera flash makes them look a little light but they were running hot enough to darken the nickel around them, yanked on them with pliers (testing on a sanded cell from the scrap pile) and it left some nasty spires behind

1 Like

like i said… I trusted your science… photos don’t often represent reality completely… but d00d… honestly i respect those welds…

2 Likes

damnit. now i’m on the TS 80/100 hype train again.

2 Likes

Love mine - does the trick for sure and being able to run off my power bank is super handy

I find silicone trivets the bestest things EVAR… a soldering point… a cocktail coaster, a dollar at the dollar-store… no fire… non-slip…

it’s natures perfect soldering upon material…

1 Like

I have both… and both are great… I take them with me on adventures… but when I’m at home… I fire up the Aoyue with the flux dispenser the solder reel,… the feel of a real thing…

I have an Aoyue 9378 and a fukton of tips… if I can’t solder with that… I have a big assed weller iron with a 1/4 wide tip… or a torch… but in all honesty if you need more heat than that… improve technique or crimp wires… too much heat is bad vibrationally…

fess you can have both…

ok fukkers… we sent @whaddys thru the mill…

throw rocks at these two random qwik solder joins…

it’s only 18ga on 1.5 nickle but I feel a crareful observer will understand the technique… and I am not above helpful or poking fun criticism…

that is a way out. buying a TS100, TS80, a weller, a hakko, and a X-tronic. simple.

well. they said TS100. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Only thing would be using a Dremel for roughing up the nickel, you get a much cleaner puddle from it…but that’s just nit picking

6 Likes

Kook, I’m expecting a “we’re going streaking” , nickel hybrid joke.

1 Like

yeah I’ll take it… fully scratched… the bottom pool is NASA spec… the top pool too much solder wandering but it still passed… notice the lack of wire burn?

almost zero solder wander… no lack of fusion… no cold join… look closer…

The fact that the TS80 uses more power really bothers me…I can’t in justify the TS100 when it has less chooch in use

1 Like

The joints look perfect still, I normally like them to sit flat but your wires definitely stay cooler than mine

1 Like

I like the wire not over-heated or the soldering not traveling up the wire…

2 Likes

I definitely need more practice with that on heavy stuff, 10awg usually fights me enough to have a noticable stiff section

1 Like

Hate it lol joining 2x 10awg wires into a loop key is death

1 Like