I have been working on this little guy for awhile and finally finished it yesterday!
First a picture-
The goal for this build was to be powerful but extremely portable for going into stores and for other times I may need to carry the board around for long periods of time.
My current daily driver is this guy but it is pretty heavy and uncomfortable to carry-
Next up the parts list-
The deck is from skateshred and is wrapped In carbon fiber vinyl (I will prob skin it with real carbon at Some point)
I’m using caliber ll trucks-
Along with bkb mounts
The motors are flipsky 6355
For the motor pulleys I’m using flipskys 15t pulleys
And for the wheel pulleys I’m using my custom press-fit pulleys ( it’s currently using the 3D printed prototype but I’ll hopefully have the cnc’d metal ones soon!)
For wheels I’m using orangatang caguamas
Now onto what’s under the hood!
For the battery I’m running the biggest and baddest Lion 10s2p possible! (Pls correct me if I’m wrong)
It’s made of molicell p42a which are 4,200mah cells and can discharge at 45 amp per piece! (Which means the completed battery is 8.4AH and can discharge at 90 amps!)
Here’s some pics of the battery build-
For the esc I’m using the maker-x dual v4 vesc which @YUTW123 was kind enough to send me for testing!
This esc comes in a great form factor and at a great price! Now I’m just hoping it performs well!
I’m also using the maker-x anti spark which @YUTW123 sent To me as well. (Again great form factor) lets hope it tests ok!
For the remote I’m using my current favorite remote- the flipsky vx1!
The enclosure is a custom design and was 3d printed with 100% infill and 6mm thick walls!
I think that sums up the parts list! If I missed anything please let me know.
Some other info about the build-
I designed and printed a case that secures the vesc the remote receiver and the antispark switch to the deck.
Here’s a pic of it-
(Don’t worry, the bullet connections were properly insulated after I took the pic)
To get the beautiful cable management you see in this pic-
I used a 3d printed tunnel riser and needed to route out the top of the deck for the motor wires ( I then reinforced the deck with fiberglass) as the esc is in the front of the enclosure as I needed the space in the back for the battery.
Here’s some pics of the routing and fiberglassing process (beware it’s messy as you don’t see it once the griptape is on so I didn’t care to be neat with it)-
And I think that sums this build up!
If you have any questions feel free to leave them down below and I will do my best to answer.
Some pics of the completed board! -