Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

The other forum is gone, you need to let it go too bud :+1:

3 Likes

How the hell did I miss that poll? :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, agree that at this stage, it’s not necessary to kick the corpse. They have more total users than we do, but over the last month, we have roughly 10X the posts and 98,000 likes given vs. 3,000 for them.

14 Likes

5 Likes

+2…

2 Likes

It’s this one-

2 Likes

I love that build. Well done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@akhlut Where can one obtain these gems?

5 Likes

Yeah, do want

it’s super easy

ask!

:smiley:

I need to make a thread about them to be fair

8 Likes

yes pleazzze :smiley:

Dressed my 28" arbor pilsner up as an AT board for halloween.

1 Like

all that thing is missing is a chinchilla catcher :hedgehog::bullettrain_front:

3 Likes

I see a lot of not yets here!!

4 Likes

Yep

Colab is next

Contemplating the Xaphan. Still haven’t pulled it out of the plastic yet. Its killing me, but I have to get some things cleaned up before I get into it.

The Tayto is almost done.

Just some push boards on the bottom.

7 Likes

All these remotes and no mini?

1 Like

Yup…

3 Likes

Well for me it’s too dangerous to switch between the mini and my remotes. I found it out the hard way :rofl:

I was riding a friend’s board with the mini remote doing hard acceleration and brake tests. Then I switched to my board and wanted to show him how my board behaves when slamming 100% brake at mid speed.

Instead of full brake I went full throttle because the mini trigger works the other way :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Which is your favourite? Which are good and which are awful?

1 Like

Good question, hard to give short answers but I try from left to right.

Wand
I used the remote only a couple of times so far but I like it. The throw is good and the display can be watched during riding. The cruise control is sick, not like the fake ppm cc. The battery percentage level is very accurate and personally like the AAA solution, too often I forgot to charge my remotes. The only downside is the thumb wheel, I don’t know how many crashes it can take, let’s see. The remote is quite heavy due to the aluminium case but if someone wants to steal my board I can knock him out by smashing the remote on his head.

VX1
Very nice and sturdy remote. The case and thumb wheel have a slip-proof coating which is perfect for gloves. No drop outs during riding yet but 2 times it disconnected for about a minute, no idea what happened. The only downside is the very short throw which is ok for boards with smaller motors but you can’t tame a beast with the VX1. I used it a couple of times with dual 6384 motors but that was no fun at all.

VX2
The throw is looooong! There is more spring resistance on braking. The case and thumb wheel is a bit slippery but I haven’t used it yet so I can’t tell about real life experience. I own it since a week and me lucky MF won it in the Bioboards lottery.

Maytech V2
Nice remote if you live in the desert or far away from civilisation. I had many dangerous moments due to disconnections in the city. On EVERY ride this remote has drop outs at least here in vienna. If you ride in the woods or avoid streets or buildings it works fine.

Maytech V1 (Steez)
It was my favourite remote for 2 years, never had disconnections but you have to mod the buttons on the PCB first otherwise they bend or snap off, badly designed. I used them on 2 builds and had random brake cut-offs on hard braking before standstill. After watching RT data I found out that both remotes are faulty and the root for the skipping brakes.

Wining V2
I didn’t test and won’t use it after reading too much horror stories about stuck full throttle. If someone needs a thrill in his life then pay shipping and it’s yours.

4 Likes