The "Baby Blue Racer"!

On a similar setup I like it to be able to hit 30mph (48km/h) but I prefer staying around 24mph (38km/h), of course depending on the road and weather.

On a rough road in heavy rain 12mph (19km/h) is better :rofl:

But sometimes I need that extra speed on a smooth straightaway, especially if there is an electric signal about to turn green and I want to get down the road before a zillion cars come up behind me

Thatā€™s with TB110 wheels though

6 Likes

What trucks were you using? In my 33" board with Paris 195 33km/h was the fastest I could go riding relaxed, with TB218 the stability increased a lot, but they are heavier

Same as this build, Caliber 2 50Ā° RKP with a long tail

With the rear trucks much tighter than the front ones

1 Like

Beautiful build dude, clean AFFF

Why not just carry it by the front trucks?

1 Like

Too far down when you kick it up, then you have to bend over

I know itā€™s only like 5cm more but that makes a big difference.

Plus the handle stays clean being in front of the front trucks.

1 Like

Jesus. Sweet. I want this but on a Hosoi deck. Looking forward to hear how the maker x stuff does

2 Likes

This is a really beautiful build. Well done!

1 Like

Not really besides for the fact that they have a few extra mah but for the price 40t is the way to go.

2 Likes

Awesome clean build! Canā€™t wait to hear your findings of the makerX esc, switch and flipsky remote.

1 Like

For me is a big YES!!! Love the short boardsā€¦ Really nice

2 Likes

I just noticed that the enclosure was 3d printed. Itā€™s hard to believe since Im having a hard time seeing the layer lines. Do you have a .stl of it? Also what orientation did you print it in? I would assume vertical with the flat side down. Did it need support material?

Yeah it was a 54 hour 3d print!

It took a bit of sanding to get it that way!

Yeah itā€™s somewhere on my computer

Correct!

Yes!
You can see the supports in this pic-

1 Like

Are you planning to seal/weatherproof your enclosure?

1 Like

That is one beautiful build! Excellent work!

2 Likes

No, as I donā€™t typically ride in the rain but there is a neoprene foam seal around the perimeter of the enclosure that should keep out debris and small amounts of water.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how much 3d printing you do (Iā€™d assume you have plenty of experience) but as a result of the manufacturing technique 3d prints are very porous and moisture can get in easily even if you arent riding in rain. So you might want to consider that.

1 Like

Iā€™m not too worried as this is my 3rd board running a 3d printed enclosure and Iā€™ve never had a issue.

Also itā€™s printed in 100% infill so pores should be minimal if any and during the sanding process I actually filled the whole thing with water and nothing seeped through.

1 Like

I would think that with a seal around your enclosure it would be plenty water proof, what else would you need to do to make it more water proof? Also you have any interest in sharing your .stl with us? Lol

1 Like

It already has a seal!

Yeah I think Iā€™m fine with sharing it, just pm with your email and Iā€™ll try to dig it up on my computer

2 Likes

Ok Iā€™ll pm you. I know you said it did, I just meant with it already on there it should be plenty good enough.

1 Like