[OutRun] - Urban Carver - Custom Flux - 6384 - 12s9p - Finality

Really cool.

1 Like

This just looks absolutely incredible

2 Likes

BOTY BOTY BOTY BOTY BOTY

3 Likes

This is great Luka! Given me some ideas about a few bits I could do too.

5 Likes

I would never be able to do light fibre work like this, would you ever consider doing commission work?

2 Likes

Wow, coming from someone that made such a good looking decks in past… It means a lot to me! :pray:

Awesome, I am glad if something good comes out of it… BTW that wooden @ApexBoards stand, man I can’t stress enough how practical it is… Really loving it.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support.

It’s really just matter of taking your time, and doing it slow. I could consider to make it for someone in future, the only requirement from my side would be that it can’t be done fast.

5 Likes

as a fellow maker I totally respect that quality work takes time.

2 Likes

we should start selling them again. Wood prices went mental for a bit but the situation has stabilised a bit

2 Likes

Holy shit man I both hate you and love you. I dreamed of this on my space invader build but couldn’t get it sorted out with the deck artist in a way he thought was feasible. I still have the fiber optic tufts here :pensive:

That looks absolutely stunning. I’m awestruck.

7 Likes

same.
this is so freaking cool!!!

3 Likes

How did I miss this build?

@EreTroN what an amount of dedication and art, from the enclosure to the art and let’s not even talk about the stars

You need a way to hang into your house that every time you hang the stars turn on, would look awesome

6 Likes

Thanks guys.

This is actually a great idea, I had something similar on my mind for the next build. I was trying to find a way to make skate start charging as soon as it is hanged on the wall. I have to figure a way to make contacts on the enclosure or truck itself…

Definitely great idea. Thanks

6 Likes

First, holy o’fuck this thing is magnificent

I reverse image searched the deck art and couldn’t find anything, did you illustrate that yourself or commission someone or what? It looks stunning, like I can totally see how that starting point would push you to make some ambitious plans but this is something else

2 Likes

Thanks a lot…

Yeah you wont find it anywhere. I had an idea, sent it to guy who drew it for me, and than I added some more details and stuff to it.

This was the process

23 Likes

I needed a new so called “OutRun Logo” for the build. This is how it ended up.

Then this came up from engraving.

22 Likes

Top notch work bro. Very clean. :clap:

3 Likes

Wow. The brilliance just keeps stacking up.

3 Likes

ok I’m not gonna lie to you, the engraved EreTroN went into my brain as erection

7 Likes

Hahah. Not the first one who told me that

2 Likes

The day has come when the boring stuff had to be done. I think everyones nightmare here. Installing threaded inserts into the deck.

I must say that the inserts @EboardSolutions provide with Flux deck + enclosure combo are the best I have ever used. Really easy for install. It took some time, but eventually I was done.

Added some colourful cushioning bellow the cells to avoid any rattle. I love these colors.

As I said earlier, the more I looked at the painted remote I did a few days ago, the less I liked it. Decided to start over, and it was worth it. I love this solution so much more than the last one.

Also, I’ve found a company locally who accepted to make me 1m of custom lanyard. Something similar to this. It should look dope once finished. If they don’t make some shitty version of this, that is. :slight_smile: But we will see.

purp-blu-spiral-12mm_big 2

Going along strong… Next few days should be interesting.

Cheers

** Table of contents **

* Idea / Color Scheme / Parts List
* Removing Deck Print / Installing Rear LEDs
* 100 Optical Fiber Strands / Painting Enclosure and Bottom of the Deck
* Painting Remote - Didn’t Like it - Repainted it later
* First LED PowerUp / Motors almost Finished
* Repainted Remote / Threaded inserts
* Motor wires wrap / Electronics / Glass Frit
* Photoshoot

19 Likes