Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

Times are changing, and my quiver might finally go from one to two. So the new Haero on the scene resulted in this new thread, which we’ll follow to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. :rofl:

More changes to come (hopefully all this year), in no specific order, these and the deck change is why I decided to classify this as a new build, plus my TIE fighter will return.

Planned changes (current status):
12S battery + BMS (66V / 20S LiFePO4)
AS5047 sensors (not happening because HFI)
Battery enclosure
Custom graphics
ESC enclosure
Light foot bindings
Better ESC (had a Unity, 2x Stormcore 100S now)
Phase lead capacitor bank (not happening / possible)
Stealth electric backpack (done, but not final / WIP)
Wide wheel hubs
Wired remote (if ever, this’ll be a side project)

Initial config:

Current backpack config:

41 Likes

Very much looking forward to seeing it evolve :ok_hand: looks classy as fuck already :heart:

6 Likes

Thanks mate, already thinking custom graphics are in order, just need to do the design and get someone to do the vinyl print. Not sure there’s another way to do it on PET, and my name’s not @Sender.

[edit] The list is getting longer. :point_up_2:t3: [/edit]

6 Likes

I voted for the tie/ad x1 on the nomination of the year because as much as i love everyone elses boards, some had amazing esthetics ( The Acoustic), others blending so well with their function an enviroment (The Blue One), the tie/ad x1 is the most innovative design i have seen in a long time. A modular battery [back] pack is just so fricking awesome. You hardly need to dissasemble anything for maintenace and makes a mtb super light to carry.
I would book a plane ticket to aus rn just to look at this thing if i had the money lol.

6 Likes

Thanks mate, much appreciated! You’re missing one thing though. One battery / ESC setup, many boards.

I’m really flattered, thanks so much! Now, please go ahead and use / adapt the idea for your own esk8s.

7 Likes

Howd you wire in the as5047 sensors? Also are you using lipo?

2 Likes

Not using AS5047 yet, that’s planning ahead, but they’ll go sprocket side in a gearbox cover.

Yes, I’m using Turnigy Graphene batteries, the red/grey edition, not the green/grey Panthers.

2 Likes

yeah in what config bro fam?

3 Likes

Maybe a dumb question but I thought long phase wires caused issues with ESC’s, are you worried about that or is that something you already considered?

2 Likes

Currently running 2x 4S Graphene’s in 8S1P, and have 4x more 4S Graphene’s waiting in the wings, which will become 12S2P just as soon as I get the NEObox’s, and also courtesy of a BMS that was gifted to me by @magharees and your awesome LiPo balance boards!

Nope, not worried. AFAIK it’s long battery wires that cause issues, with long phase wires, the motors absorb any voltage spikes (and they can take it) in the absence of a cap bank, in practice this is felt as a gentle ~2Hz pulsing sensation through the power delivery when riding around.

4 Likes

I dream that one day we all will have a clean looking setup like this but everything is inside the board :grinning:

Do you have the AS5047 in hand? Where did you get them?

2 Likes

I don’t, but Mouser has stock, so just a click away.

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ams/AS5047P-TS_EK_AB/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvc81WFyF5Eds5HfNOHCyjSQ7yI0JZudxs%3D

2 Likes

Is there a pic somewhere of you on the board with the cable connected?

Really clean execution by the way.

2 Likes

when i get home I’ll send you the refined one. then it’ll be a fitting 12s2p board with appropriate connectors too how about that. capable of 3a balance current and is fuse-less, with 3 groups of 4s2p, with 4s connectors, which is exactly what you’ll have :grin:

2 Likes

No pics currently. I generally don’t do selfies unless I’ve got one of my kids on my shoulders and I want to share a special moment, but I’ll see what I can do (maybe next time I see @glyphiks he can snap a couple).

3 Likes

Just of the backside, I want to see how the cable hangs from your backpack to the board.

2 Likes

Careful tho choose the shot wisely, people around here like to repost butt shots.

2 Likes

You just wanna look at his arse

4 Likes

I may or may not have started a collection.

4 Likes

Truthfully, for a fleeting moment I wondered about your motives, at least I know now.

[edit] Now I’ve got an image stuck in my head of @glyphiks taking my buttshots! :flushed: [/edit]

3 Likes