Quick release battery questions

You can also find 3rd parties that make docking ports for some of these batteries.

Cn you just put those packs in parallel without issue?

Backpak battery made from some A123’s. This has been done in the past successfully.

1 Like

The plan that we’re toying with right now is modifying enclosure mounting to make them quick to open so we can just throw the battery in a backpack and have a “very heavy traditional board”. I have a unibody enclosure for my LY EVO build so that would a little tricky to figure out how to make it easy opening. I may look more into the drill batteries but I just got a new battery in October.

2 alternative “solutions” to this problem:

1. Make a board that doesn’t look like it’s electric to begin with
  2. Make a board that you can lock outside to a bike rack.

JayKay e-trucks.

4 Likes

You forgot option 3 and 4
3) change schools
4)drop out

JUST KIDDING

Just incase someone thinks this was a serious suggestion

“analog”

8 Likes

Prove it.

1 Like

All onewheel vampire packs (that go in a backpack lmao)

1 Like
1 Like

Or maybe I don’t have to prove anything? If you’d been around a bit longer you’d have seen it first hand. Backpack batteries have been done successfully w Lifepos.

Still the most dangerous battery. Nothing will change my mind about that. Backpack batteries are literally retarded.

We’ve seen your packs and all the issues you’ve had with them. You have no authority on the subject

2 Likes

Backpack batteries are bad, or you can’t make a good one?

2 Likes

You could just get a ton of the quick release hardware from @TheGoodMomentum

That’s what we did with Corey’s board

A tether between your backpack and the board is the bad idea. I’ve done it with packs I haven’t made. Also, it’s a backpack full of lightning. Get a grip.

Quick release power connections are always lackluster because they will have a much lower current rating, but it’s not that unsafe to have a battery on your back

I ride with heel straps and a battery between my legs, that’s arguably worse as it’s harder to get away and the battery suffers much more vibrations yet that’s not uncommon

Still no cable that can get caught under a wheel.

Direct connect > tether.