TIE/ad x1 evolution | Backpack MTB | Development Platform

Holy fucking shit dude, how have I never come across this thread yet!?

Epic work! Can’t wait to see this in the flesh! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

I keep a low profile? Oh and thanks!

Also, I’m about to make my backpack mod go stealth, so keep your eyes peeled.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see where it goes :+1: really nice work in this build dude, excellent work.

2 Likes

Went to the shop tonight with my trusty Graphene LiPos instead, delivering the right amount of power being important was quite apparent.

There was some pulsing that I could feel through the power delivery to the motors, thinking it might be due to voltage spikes over the length of the 1.5m phase wires.

Might go back to having batteries and electronics on the board instead, not feeling the extra wire management of the phase leads, or that it’s secure enough just with the friction keeping the MT60s plugged in.

Other than that, the wired remote worked like a champ, apart from not having auto-centering on the potentiometer. I didn’t anticipate how much I would miss that.

3 Likes

Cross-posting this from my wired remote thread, as it really pertains to the build as a whole.

Where my finger is pointing is where it goes into the main pack, along the side and through the hydration port, allowing easy and safe access to the remote with the backpack on. The setup as a whole will become more integrated over time.

Stress relief to connectors is provided by hot glue and plastic zip ties.

8 Likes

Yeah not having auto centering is hard to adjust to. My nano-x has pretty much lost all ability to recentre, makes for a sketchy ride on the Craptor :rofl:

Is there anything else you can do to counteract the long phase leads? Board looks so good without all the gear on it

4 Likes

A capacitor bank board side, but I haven’t done the research for that yet.

3 Likes

On the flip-side, I have cruise control and a parking brake! :rofl:

3 Likes

I like the sound of this

1 Like

Just adding some more pics for keeping the thread current.

Here’s what the board and phase leads look like as of last night.

Still need to remove the velcro on top from when I used to have batteries on the board.

9 Likes

Major update! The deck has changed, and along with it the phase wires have now risen to the occasion in the shape of a wire-haired phallus!

The dual-lock 3M velcro on the back of its head and on the truck plate serving as an impromptu storing solution.

I should probably rename the thread or start a new one at some point, still pondering what to do though.

2 Likes

Now with sexier (and cleaner) outdoor shots! Notable that the wire-haired phallus curls to one side (as it should).

9 Likes

Super clean dude, really nice work :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks mate! I did the grip work with a pen, ruler, pair of scissors, and a screwdriver for scraping LOL!

3 Likes

One last thing…

5 Likes

2 Likes

Hell yessssss man!!! Looking forward to seeing that stealth pack come together in more pics!

2 Likes

Thanks mate! I don’t know much about working with fabric, and I have about four different types to contend with. I’ll get it done, but not by wrecking the backpack inside or leaving bits that’ll tear over time. Hopefully I’ll have something for y’all before the month ends.

2 Likes

TBH this has become a different board over time and as the year progresses, will continue to do so. So, I think I’ll pause this thread here and migrate to a new one.

The Trampa might end up being the basic beast it was before, and serve me as an MTB, while the Haero becomes my refined backpack powered commuter.

I don’t want to sacrifice my first born though, hence the pause and not closing the thread.

3 Likes

New thread: Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

This one to be continued…

3 Likes