Maximum weight for a battery for a mountainboard

Lol, I switched to a motorcycle helmet a few months ago. The TSG Pass looks nice but I prefer the added protection of a moto helmet.

3 Likes

I have to english here but yes my first language is french from Quebec not french from europe is very diffrent.

I like both style but the motocycle helmet is heavier l think ?

It is. However I don’t mind/feel the extra weight and the protection foam is at least twice as thick.
Also ventilation is better.

Price for bell ?

Its 3:40am :sleeping:

1 Like

I definitely second that and even better if it is ECE 22.05 certified :slight_smile:

1 Like

I paid 159€ here.
Check fortnine in Canada.
@Esk84life
It is. It is also MIPS.

1 Like

@taz better safe than hurt :wink: I am set hehe

1 Like

Backpack.

2 Likes

12s20p is the max max max acceptable to Always be able to ride, but I think 12s10/12p is still good/cool enought to ride more “freely” if I can Say.
Sorry just Quick reply to you, I havent even read the topic or what it is about :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Depend on what you use, lipo is not heavy compare to lifepo4 cells. What is the weight of your 12s20p ? My battery pack including the box is 22lbs

Not bad for carriyng the battery if l split the pack but its about 8lb and its not so fun to remove and reinstall everytime

I meant power your board from the backpack, or at least run part of the battery from there like a range extender.

Nah l already try that 3years ago you lost power of adding 5 feet of wire also

Lost power? It’s electricity, if your wire gauge is right there’s not much resistance, and in your instance charging a smaller onboard pack, so your ESC wouldn’t know any different.

The weight of 10-8 gauge about (2 pounds) wire is very heavy and because of that the xt90.was always disconnected while riding also my new back pack worth 200$ so its the greatest idea to drill a hole to pass the wire :joy:

1 Like

No worries, just saying @Chibatterysystems and I’m doing it successfully if you wanted some ideas. It’s not like you’ll be doing jumps with it so it’s more of an ATB anyway.

2 Likes

just cruising most of the time and carving as a workout :joy: l would like to see your system or a riding video as well

I don’t have a camera yet, but post metr logs and short reports most days in the R.E.D. thread.

The build from the start:

Current backpack config:

I switch between LiPo and LiFePO4, but have been hammering the LiFe more lately because better range.

1 Like