Maximum weight for a battery for a mountainboard

Hi everyone . my new build is on. And this time l will use brand new matrix all metal with a big battery on board but l have use a scale to check the weight of my battery and l think its to heavy for manoeuvrability at 22pounds in the middle of the board so guys what is your advice? thanks .

Your good, I have a 12s12p on my Lonestar. The board weighs around 60 lbs. Hl6f if that is the battery.

6 Likes

Yes this only the weight of the battery

![20200414

3 Likes

…WwwwwwwwwWWWHY
You can’t even split it or maybe sling some packs underneath? I mean range is nice and all… but not 60 pounds of battery nice.

1 Like

You don’t have matrix ll on your board so maybe that why you can support 2000wh battery :joy:

1 Like

If you talk about me no you can’t in my case because l use square battery not 18650 cell

I would use a newer deck then that, unless it’s just the coloring. How much do you weigh? The trucks can most likely hold at least 250 pounds, I’m guessing close to 300 is ok on them.

2 Likes

the board is a mbs atom and its made with stiff maple and l weight 190pounds . l want to have a old fashion look and the battery box is not matching the color for now

1 Like

More weight in the middle of the board will help your ability to turn.

3 Likes

That why l put it in middle but if l have to do curving or a emergency turn can lose control ? its my first try on the matrix ll so maybe the control is better than My previous ats 12 trucks

1 Like

If you don’t plan on jumping it might work but I think that your shins/calves will hit the battery.

1 Like

Mainly is riding street long distance and carving

Ever tried getting on it?
I still think your shins will hit the battery box.

Yes l aleready try with my shoes and l have about 2-3 inch of space between my legs each side of the box

I would tag @Riako think he was riding one of the biggest top mount battery packs last year on there small trip. He might be able to give some impressions on how it is to ride with such a big pack.

6 Likes

My box as 2 diffrent pack . one 8s 20ah and another 12s 16ah so a total of 36ah

That is while stationary.
You will probably hit when moving around.
I only say this because I have managed to hit my battery box 2-3 times, after a fall off road, and mine is 1/3 the height of yours.

2 Likes

Height is about 7.5inch by 9inch

Btw nice helmet ! But l can’t afford one right now

1 Like