Metr Pro Updates

Android and my BMS is the apex smart BMS

I’d like some options to be a 2 liner for visibility purposes. With some options you’re not really able to see what you currently have selected.

4 Likes

or just have a slow scrolling text, or maybe just smaller font size

3 Likes

Just fixed that, thanks for the suggestion

Also added checkbox for currently selected option

7 Likes

Hell yeah :metal:t3: thanks!

4 Likes

Please update to the latest version from the Google Play Store and try again, there were some issues with LTT BMS integration (now fixed).

Update: All points have been fixed - expect an update to the app very soon!

Got some wonky behavior.

FIXED - App does not show an app icon (phone issue?)

Screenshot_20211001-131516

Was running the previous version, updated to the latest one but it stayed the same.

Connecting went good as always, checking for the metr hw update gave me the option to upgrade from 5.38 to 5.39

FIXED - Started update - instantly went to jumping into bootloader 0% - operation timed out - threw me to the realtime data page with the error RESOLVER_DOS

Atfer restarting the board and killing the metr app it just showed “metr pro can - connected” but no data transfer as mentioned a few posts above. Restarted everything again and it connected.

Current situation:
no metr app logo
Can’t update firmware of module

App: 4.11.15
Metr pro can SD + gps + lte on unity fw 5.2
Metr fw 5.38
Android 10

log_2021-10-01.txt (404 KB)

4 Likes

Same for me with the app icon, not sure what’s going on there

My regular metr pro still works fine but I still have no map data

3 Likes

Imgur

14 Likes

It can be a lot of things, but let’s try to figure it out:
Is location permission is granted and location services are on?
Are notifications are enabled and you have foreground notification on the lock screen?
Optimizations turned off?

2 Likes

All of these things are good - it hasn’t been working for like 6 months at least

I’m considering reinstalling the app but I don’t want to lose my records

Reinstalling is questionable. Don’t see how it can help. Do you remember this? The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro - #824 by brown5tick Did you find any related setting on your phone?

1 Like

Alas…

Problem still exists.

2 Likes

I also have the icon issue btw.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry for that, fixing it now :hammer:

4 Likes

@ShutterShock 6 months! I am sorry and please keep bugging me about this issue, I have to fix it! @brown5tick join forces!

3 Likes

Yeah it’s annoying lol but not the end of the world it just means I can show maps on videos

Here’s some screenies

I’m pretty sure all my settings are good

To not lose your records, back up your folder via USB connection. Reinstall app, restore the folder. Profit. :smiley:

1 Like

I thought I had done this when I switched phones and then I ended up losing all of my like 500 miles of tracking - because apparently at some point the online backup had stopped

I got over it, but it was annoying, so it concerns me to try and reinstall

1 Like

I always did the folder backup and the online sync, it always worked. It’s a huge folder by now. :sweat_smile: