The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Since VESC firmware release process changed during last couple of years, I will be adding this feature (support for BETA firmwares).

Previously new VESC firmwares were released quite frequently.
Now it can take about a year between minor releases.

5 Likes

I have the Metr Pro without an antenna, can I add this external antenna?

Yes, I think they should work. Please be aware that you have a swap the place of a 0402 capacitor on the module to use the external antenna port and it is only possible with the standard Metr Pro.
Changing to external afterwards is not possible with the Unity and CAN versions.

4 Likes

Hi,

I don’t know if you already notice this but when you merge 2 records, battery level for the second (and maybe third, etc…) record is always 0%.
You can see it on the bottom of the last post of @Skyart : Battery Building Services by Skyart the skating duck - #810 by Skyart

Is it fixable ?

3 Likes

This is a bug, thank you for noticing it! I will fix it.

6 Likes

Looping back on this: those battery settings weren’t the solution unfortunately. I keep missing long sections of the ride.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t stop there. I went to take a grab of the issue but now all I’m getting for all records is this:

The phone did an OS update last night so maybe it’s related? I can do a re-install. Just wondering if I’ll lose any logs/records that way?

2 Likes

Same thing here. I just updated to the latest version today and all my records previous and after the update, give me this screen. If you press “share” it will upload and with the link and you still get the record though.
Version 4.10.8

1 Like

Working on it, thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes

Same here “net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED”

I fixed in-app record viewer, please update to v4.10.9 and try again.

3 Likes

:ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Any idea why I’m getting an error accessing all my records please? They worked fine before… Temporary glitch?

Please go to Play Store and update to v4.10.9 and try again :pray:

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks. I should have thought of that!

1 Like

Now that’s exciting stuff, man. That’s like replay Shangri-La. Will it also be possible to bring up the full telemetry trace alongside the video?

4 Likes

Yeeeeeeeessss!!! Now this is cool! I hope you make it work with 4wd aswell!

1 Like

It will be possible to bring up anything that is available right now on the Realtime tab. Including 4WD, yes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice! But not the timeline-plot (yet)? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Wait, this is done on the phone? No more messing with Virb?

I need some ideas like that. What overlay would you like to see?
Realtime timeline plot? For how long? What values?

@Pedrodemio yes everything will be done on the phone, in real time.

3 Likes