The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

So I got the answer from Roman: the application on my phone was simply not up to date.
Thanks Roman.

1 Like

Could anyone tell me what should happen after I select my xiaoxiang / LLT BMS for pairing? For me, it just disconnects from the metr pro, and when I reconnect again I dont see the data from the BMS appear. Showing data from the BMS used to work for me a while ago but not anymore. The BMS works fine with it‘s own app.

1 Like

Please make sure you have the latest version of the app from App/Play Store. I fixed some issues with LTT BMS recently.

1 Like

I just tried it and it works now. Maybe the app updated over night… Thanks!

1 Like

New app icon eh?

Screenshot_20211002-200327_One UI Home

6 Likes

Roman is working on it :sweat_smile::

3 Likes

There was update fixing this issue I think :thinking:
4.11.17 got fixed icon

1 Like

It should be fixed now, please update via Play Store!

4 Likes

Hello,
I did the first test of my second e-foil equipped with a metr pro can module with GPS, I have 4 different recordings (auto pause) but only the first one of 3 minutes 50 has a complete data recording, the others have neither map, nor speed nor distance just the duration, the max current.
Do you know what this could be from?
Also what are the parameters to enter in the engine tab for a foil?
Thanks @rpasichnyk

1 Like

This question should be asked in a build thread where you give all the info you can then ask for help.

1 Like

Looks like GPS module lost the signal, hence no map and no speed.

The specifications are very simple: inruner 65161 Flipsky motor ( 6 poles ), direct drive as it is a propeller ( diameter 152 ).
This justifies the creation of a post just to know 3 information to enter in the parameter mote to know : motor pulley , wheel pulley and wheel diameter .
I took the time to read the 864 posts and didn’t find an answer to this question so I thought that having the answer here will probably help the future foil board builder.

1 Like

Could stopping on the bank to change the engine amperage settings via the phone be the cause of the loss of the GPS satellites?
I had my phone with me in a waterproof pouch, shouldn’t it take over if I lose the GPS?

1 Like

This sounds suspiciously like another case of the often-reported ‘loss of GPS’ issue.

@Manu39, check the thread above from my post onwards for some suggestions that might help you (but didn’t help me).

2 Likes

Thank you, I had not checked under my phone settings access to location: always. It was safe when the app is active.
I thought that with the gps module sold with the metr.pro we were not obliged to have the phone on us…

1 Like

Interesting! I don’t have an ‘Always’ option. Only ‘While App is in use’.

I think that as long as the app is running in the background and the notification is updating, that permission should apply though :man_shrugging:

I just did a test: I triggered the recording of metr.pro via the phone (iPhone 7) in static in my garage. The GPS indicates 8satellites. I let it record for 2 minutes 30 and left the application for 1 minute 30: the recording stopped after 2 minutes 30 and no recording for the remaining minute 30. So the application must remain open for recording? Can you be enlightened on how the GPS module works when the phone stays in the car or at home?

If you have phone with you, recording happens on the phone.
If you don’t have phone with you, recording is stored on SD card.

There can be a few issues with your test. When motors are not spinning, record gets automatically paused after a while. If you want to trigger a new record, you have to spin the motors. That’s why a test in the garage might have failed you.

1 Like

new test outdoors on the water here: GPS at the start then no more data the GPS apparently did not hang up any satellites. I have the impression that as soon as I catch a wave of water on the bridge, the GPS loses its connection and cannot connect.

If you have a phone with you when you are out on the water, you can check how many satellites are detected by the GPS module and if it has reception.

1 Like