The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Sure thing

I’ve sent over a couple logs, let me know if you find anything

1 Like

@rpasichnyk just a quick question. are vesc FW5.3 betas currently supported?

1 Like

Just for realtime data. Not for Expert / Modes. Is there interest?

From me personally yes. I like to try and run the beta firmwares and help find issues but this usually breaks logging and modes, which I use often.

For example the current fw5.2 release contains a bug that stops the second ESC showing up for slave can devices. For metr this means if your running the current release firmware on a dual unity/stormcore 4wd then I can’t edit settings on the 4th ESC. Also modes are not applied to all ESC and I miss one corner of telemetry in the logs. I have seen other users reporting this same issue.

BV confirmed this bug is fixed in the latest FW5.3 beta but if I upgrade I will likley loose the use of metr.

So currently if your on 4wd your only option is to run FW5.1 ( which has its own gremlins), or lose access to one ESC, or not have modes.

In a more general sense the beta releases seem to change very little with the main message structure for existing features like setting motor current for modes. Maybe a way could exist to enable those running beta builds to use the “last known good” message structure at their own risk?

That said I realise I’m not the average customer and don’t want to divert any resource from features that will benefit more users.

3 Likes

Problem with trace not recording is solved. @rpasichnyk sugested to check for some more battery saving options in the phone as I did turn off optimalization in android setting->apps and turned off optimalization in metr-app.
I am using Xiaomi Redmi 9 Pro with MIUI 12 based od Android 11, so if there is more people with Xiaomi devices this may be of some help for you.
My finding is that, there is additional app with build in battery saving option. Here is where you can find it.

Security app (green shield):

Manage apps:

Battery saver:

Change recommended to None.

@ShutterShock @brown5tick

3 Likes

Good call! I’ve found the relevant settings on my Huawei P30 Pro. I can’t verify it for a while yet but this could be promising. Thanks for the tip!

4 Likes

Good idea, I’ll check on my samsung

3 Likes

Since VESC firmware release process changed during last couple of years, I will be adding this feature (support for BETA firmwares).

Previously new VESC firmwares were released quite frequently.
Now it can take about a year between minor releases.

5 Likes

I have the Metr Pro without an antenna, can I add this external antenna?

Yes, I think they should work. Please be aware that you have a swap the place of a 0402 capacitor on the module to use the external antenna port and it is only possible with the standard Metr Pro.
Changing to external afterwards is not possible with the Unity and CAN versions.

4 Likes

Hi,

I don’t know if you already notice this but when you merge 2 records, battery level for the second (and maybe third, etc…) record is always 0%.
You can see it on the bottom of the last post of @Skyart : Battery Building Services by Skyart the skating duck - #810 by Skyart

Is it fixable ?

3 Likes

This is a bug, thank you for noticing it! I will fix it.

6 Likes

Looping back on this: those battery settings weren’t the solution unfortunately. I keep missing long sections of the ride.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t stop there. I went to take a grab of the issue but now all I’m getting for all records is this:

The phone did an OS update last night so maybe it’s related? I can do a re-install. Just wondering if I’ll lose any logs/records that way?

2 Likes

Same thing here. I just updated to the latest version today and all my records previous and after the update, give me this screen. If you press “share” it will upload and with the link and you still get the record though.
Version 4.10.8

1 Like

Working on it, thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes

Same here “net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED”

I fixed in-app record viewer, please update to v4.10.9 and try again.

3 Likes

:ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Any idea why I’m getting an error accessing all my records please? They worked fine before… Temporary glitch?

Please go to Play Store and update to v4.10.9 and try again :pray:

3 Likes