Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

SPECIFICATIONS:

• 15V to 84V operation 20S li-ion
  • Max operating battery amps: 100A
  • Max peak motor amps: 250A
  • 5kw to 8kw max power
  • Has primary features of VESC controllers (FOC, configurable current/temperature limits, throttle response, single motor operation, ect.)
  • IMU for balance applications such as EUCs or any other kind of balance boards.
  • 72mm x 84mm board size.
  • Sophisticated fault detection for over-current, over-voltage, gate drive errors, and more
  • Easy On/Off capability with latching switch of choice
  • ESD Protected IO
  • Designed to enable excellent thermal management and cooling
  • External Bluetooth transceiver module included for App an accessory compatibility
  • 72mm x 84mm board size. 28mm tall with heatsink.

COMMENTS:

Thank you all in this community who have supported my efforts thus so far! I have a small stock of the controllers ready for purchase. This small but manageable stock allows for a gradual approach of me learning business and manufacturing. Product design, manufacturing, quality checks, and logistical handling has been some of the toughest things for to me to learn over the past few years. I appreciate your patience thus far and I don’t intend to stop. I aim to only ever improve every aspect of my product as time goes on. Your support will help me speed up my progression and even hopefully converting this passion in EV tech that I have into a full time career.

This thread will be dedicated to the Little FOCer for any updates, announcements, and discussion.

Original Thread

BUY HERE:

https://www.makerspev.com (US)
https://customwheel.shop/ (Non-US)

:warning:UPDATE

Alright everyone! I finally got some stock in the hands of my distributors.Makers PEV (https://www.makerspev.com) for stateside orders and CustomWheel (https://customwheel.shop/) for everywhere else.

The stock at Makers PEV is a version in which you provide your own heatsink or mount the controller directly into your system (such as directly to the chassis). Using thermal pad on the MOSFETs is mandatory. This is not a beginner-friendly version and experience in VESC controllers and electronics is recommended. Makers PEV will also have wiring harness meant for installation in popular balance applications.

Right now the stock at CustomWheel is centered around balance applications with certain specific wiring harnesses being included for easier installation. Check it out for details.

The more generalized version with a heatsink is still under way and will be available at both distributors. Mainly just waiting on the heatsinks for those. ETA is 1 month for the version with heatsinks

39 Likes

So…the website launched and was advertised simultaneously with other internet outlets. In the time it took for this thread to pass moderation, all the stock sold out.

I feel bad that this forum didn’t have a chance to buy and I do apologize for that. I’m gunna handle it a bit differently next time for the next round of units I prepare.

29 Likes

Um…what…

9 Likes

Wahhhhhh sold out already?! I want to cry myself to sleep now :sob::triumph::tired_face::confounded:

5 Likes

Vendors creating product threads in the “Vendor corner” need approval from the mods.

8 Likes

Yeah man. I was unaware of the need for moderation. I personally apologize to you and everyone else here. I’m getting to work ASAP to restock

8 Likes

You sold out in 3 hours? Impressive.

14 Likes

I never would have thought lol. Not blaming the mods. Just my own unawareness here.

9 Likes

So, the magic number was $150.
Good to know.

5 Likes

Why do you all hate me…

Slumps into a corner and eats unfrosted strawberry pop tarts

8 Likes

It looks like the one with connectors and without a heat sink for $305 is still available. Is that correct?

1 Like

Are those packages with the connectors still available? It says there are some left…

Was going to ask what the dif is between the 2? Is is jusy heat sink that makes it double the price?

Actually the one with heat sink is cheaper. :scream:

1 Like

Finally a 20s vesc. I have been waiting forever to put a vesc in my e bike. Sadly they are sold out already.

1 Like

This is a little bit like buying stocks on NASDAQ. :crazy_face:

This is like buying a PS5 on launch day.

3 Likes

Those are special versions meant to be compatible with a popular single-wheeled balance-based contraption :wink:

They’re in the EU and stocked by the distributor. Not sure if he’s shipping those to the states. I’ll ask

3 Likes

Well…I just ordered one… I’d very much appreciate it if it found its way to me in the US. That’s really the project I’m working on, and it’s a very important one for me.
If it’s worth anything, my title will show that I’m kind of a big deal. :innocent: :pray:

Either way, fingers crossed. And I do appreciate your work on this project. Thank you for making these available at all, even if I have to wait.

6 Likes

How many wheels does that vehicle have?

:rofl:

6 Likes