Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

3 in many cases, I’ve seen.

6 Likes

You are familiar with PS5 and I’m with buying stocks.
There is something for everyone, :wink:

Actually, the last game console I owned was PS2 :rofl:

2 Likes

Congrats getting this project to market! For a few hours.

What is it about the special wheel version that causes the large price jump? Are the connectors really that exotic?

1 Like

It’s a combination of the manual labor to convert the controller to this configuration, the connectors, EU-specific tariffs/customs, and our own inefficiency in creating these. That price will come down as we get better.

6 Likes

Aaaaaawwww, maaaaan!!! Really? All gone, already???

Do you ANY idea whatsoever when we should expect a restock?

And once again, congrats on this huge success! I just hoped I would be able to get one in this first batch. :frowning:

2 Likes

Question: are you shipping worldwide of just to US and Europe? Just checking because at checkout, shipping was calculated in advance, before I could put my address (just testing here).

Since I live in Australia, I would like to know if I will be able to get one in the next batch.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Checking the previous thread 4 or 5 times a day…

@shaman congratulations! But please can I have one :joy::sob::sob::sob:

Please let me know before you restock or if we can preorder? Take my money!

4 Likes

Bravo @shaman, excellent work on this project! I would wish you great success, but selling out in 2 hours tells me you wont be needing it :wink:

7 Likes

@shaman awesome stuff, cant wait to get a pair :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Congrats for the successful launch @shaman! Looking forward to see some boards shred with this Lil FOCer :boom::boom::muscle:t4::muscle:t4:

2 Likes

Tracking thread enabled… :grin:

2 Likes

Well, bummer :smiley: I’ve cried a little and now I’m over it. Congrats @shaman, I’m sure more are on the way and it’ll only get better in the future.

I assume those few with the connectors are now also gone. Interesting for me because I’m in the EU, if it’ll be available to be bought from inside EU that’s great! Would it be possible to buy one of those (the reverse configuration) without the connectors though? I’m not sure how much it’s gonna lower the price but I don’t want the connectors (yup, always gotta have something special…). The $150 extra is quite a lot.

I’m so looking forward to getting one.

2 Likes

That blows. When do you anticipate that it would be restocked? Where could we have found out about this sooner?

Hey mate im in the UK and just ordered the Vesc based Little FocFM v1 with connectors can your guys ship to the UK? just wanna confirm this before I sell my controller and BMS! cheers m8

You should probably wait to sell your parts until after you’ve actually built it and set it up to work how you want it. There are people who have sold their Onewheel entirely while waiting for a Floatwheel kit to arrive, and I don’t really understand that impetus…

Unless of course you have one of the controller/BMS combos that go for $500 a piece…

1 Like

damn it. Can I get on a waiting list of some sort

Hi zippy, i totally understand your point, and i agree with you.
Just i want to let you know that things didn’t go as we expected, and we learned. Crazy amounts of customs and shipping killed the deal, and the task to flip components took a lot of time, is totally inefficient procedure, but it was the only way to bring this product to the table

1 Like

Hi Chillin, :slight_smile:
No problem mate we will ship your controller asap.