Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

We do ship to Australia :slight_smile:

1 Like

@shaman whatā€™s next for you and these? coming back in stock? how did they fair in the real world?
push to start possible?

1 Like

cough roll to start cough cough

4 Likes

haha. i know. so they say.

Everytime I read ā€œpush to startā€ I think about pushing a button

I donā€™t think Iā€™m alone

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=push+to+start&t=canonical&iax=images&ia=images

3 Likes

Well you may not be alone but you sure are a stickler about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of us think about giving the board a lil push to get it started but I already hear you saying you put your foot on the wheel and make it turn before you place it on the ground

1 Like

They performed above my expectations in the real world. They were abused pretty hard on anywhere from low-inductance motors to large ebike hub motors.

No roll/push to start currently but it can accept a latching switch of choice for on/off function.

4 Likes

Oh, I understand now. Alright, hereā€™s hoping to you being able to keep this as an option and iron out the kinks. Even if it costs extra itā€™s a benefit for EU residents of inside EU shipping and not having to deal with customs. Not sure if it works for international though.

Also, hey, they didnā€™t sell out much slower! :smiley:

selling em both for $833 :wink:

Hahaha. Everyone in Mitchā€™s balance group is here apparently!

Thanks for letting me know, Flux!!! Iā€™ll be waiting for details on the next batch.

3 Likes

whats next,are you going to get a huge amount of them made?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the plan! Selling these small batches from rev1 helps justify the potential for success of a much larger quantity. Iā€™m already starting that discussion with the manufacturer.

4 Likes

nice to hear. is the only hurdle getting a manufacturer to make it right? any changes you foresee in the future version?

3 Likes

Yeah man mainly strengthening the built in bluetooth module and adding a connector for the spare GPIO pins. Itā€™s also gunna be a bit slimmer and weā€™re shooting to have a nice enclosure/case like grown up controllers :slight_smile: .

16 Likes

Im hearing rumours of scalping mate apparently one of blokes nicked 7 of the batch of 20 and selling them for upwards of a grand. Something to keep in mind for the next batch I donā€™t want this to turn out like Nvidiaā€™s 30 series graphics card debacle

11 Likes

Wow. Iā€™m gonna have to figure out how to combat that

10 Likes

This makes my soul cry blood

Well shit, then Iā€™m selling my beta unit for 500$

For real tho, anyone buying this for 1k when they can get a trampa 100/250 for half the price is a fool.

7 Likes

A lot of the Trampa 100/250 donā€™t have an IMU, so jokeā€™s on them. Theyā€™re likely to have a bad day when they figure that out.

3 Likes

Not really, it has built in bluetooth, so you can add an external IMU and still have both. I suppose it rules out a davega, but I already created a canbus alternative.

2 Likes