J Tyrannotron Bench

That QS8 looks like a beast of a plug! It makes everything look really small next to it.
Beast mode is in full engagement here. Hats off dude, great work.

2 Likes

Ty Ty. Yeah I used to think XT90s and AS150s were annoying but these QS8s are next level lol. The 20s BMS too, any HV smart BMS really.

2 Likes

…but why?

2 Likes

I was reading those high voltage threads about people running into issues with the xt90s and as150s so thought I’d err on the side of caution

1 Like

Lol interesting, I suppose that works

1 Like

Yeah I think the other option is a jeti 8mm connector which is what @fessyfoo went with. Now granted I’m not going to be connecting and disconnecting my batteries nearly as often. And once connected it doesn’t really matter right…?

1 Like

12s? xt90s / as150 would have worked fine.

This has a mosfet based antispark built into it, so technically you don’t need it inline anyhow.

those HV threads were talking about using QS-8 with a loop key. and for higher voltage they were using QS-8 with a higher Ω resistor to counteract out the higher voltage. as150/xt90 is like ~5.7Ω the jeti 8mm iused is 30Ω.

2 Likes

That’s a prior build. The QS8 is for a new build I’m doing 20s4p P42a with MakerX D100. On my next build I do plan to use the QS8 as a loop key.

Edit: to clarify that’s two new 20s builds that I’ll be using the QS8s in.

3 Likes

i can only pay attention so much… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

in any event. note that some of those guys ordered the QS-8 with a larger resistor.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yup I got it off @hummieee custom batch.

2 Likes

@Shadowfax this shows the sleeves, but I’ll post another pic where I also capture the motor key

2 Likes

Thanks Jimmy - for anyone looking to do this too, I discovered 8mm skate bearing spacers are good for it

2 Likes

Here’s a photo of what I mean by encapsulating the motor key with the sleeve.

5 Likes

Reminds me of a plain ol shaft collar

4 Likes

Basically is but you don’t have to worry about the set screw

4 Likes

Yeah cause it’s loctited in as well

2 Likes

Having VESC issues but otherwise here’s where I’m at with the build.

I want a different back foot stop in either black or silver or will dye the current one black. Still need to put gasket in and foam, was going to do all that once I had a successful test ride but hasn’t happened.

Edit: it also sits high so think of making it drop through somehow.

2 Likes

Looks high - are you on adjustable base plates?

Edit - yup see it now. Get some paris base plates. That will be much better

2 Likes

Yeah the BN ones

2 Likes

Too high for thane IMO. I’d find an angle you like and then go for regar baseplates to drop it down.

1 Like