J Tyrannotron Bench

Yeah that’s a good idea. Definitely too high for thane. Although ultimately this isn’t supposed to be a thane build or at least not initially.

3 Likes

This looks pretty good to me.

2 Likes

I think they add like 16mm of height…
Compared to caliber baseplates.
Definitely a noticeable change.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty significant I’ll likely take Evan’s (@Shadowfax) suggestion and try to find the right angles first then switch. Or like I mentioned route the deck and go drop through

2 Likes

This sounds hard…

1 Like

With the split angle base plates likely even harder

2 Likes

Went and epoxied in my through bolt threads.

Then went for a shakedown run last night, was too eager as it was still wet out and ended up falling :confused:. Made it to a parking garage though to get some laps in. This board is so carvy it’s siiick, can’t wait to get it to its full potential.

Encountered an issue where full throttle cuts out and stops throttling, almost got me. Didn’t really find any obvious issues as to why.

Still don’t know what the issue is but it only happens at full throttle, and it’s repeatable on the bench so my temporary solution…

Was walking out the door in full gear, buuuut it rained again.

2 Likes

When you calibrated the puck, were you in mode 3?

Are you getting any faults?

2 Likes

Calibrated in mode 1 and not seeing any faults.

But it’s a good thought I’ve run calibration so many times I could’ve accidentally done it in 3 at a later point. As soon as I can connect to the ESC again (:joy::sob:) I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

You’re supposed to calibrate in mode 3

3 Likes

Wait really, k I always get this mixed up

3 Likes

Still can’t connect to it this morning, don’t know what’s up, might have to try and open it up and do a direct connection via usb. But you did remind instead of my jank setup I could try a different speed mode to see if I get that throttling issue :joy:

1 Like

Yep, definitely mode 3. I’ve made that mistake before.

3 Likes

Have you tried freesk8 app?

1 Like

I have not is this similar to the VESC app?

2 Likes

Just tried it, no dice. It looks like in all the apps it’s getting hung up on getting the ESC firmware version.

2 Likes

Had that exact issue with my Spintend and fixed it by a weird combination of power button presses which enabled the BT. I don’t suppose Stormcores have a similar feature?

1 Like

This in particular is a problem with the D100, I’m in contact with MakerX, but haven’t figured anything out yet. I’ve never had an issue with my Stormcore.

3 Likes

Opened it up and connected over usb reran input wizard and now Bluetooth is working again, lol. And also yeah not hitting that cutoff on mode 3 anymore. Messing with throttle curves now cause it’s not aggressive enough like when I had it mapped at 1 lol

2 Likes

What the hell happened dude?

4 Likes