J Tyrannotron Bench

@Savage1 is about to come in with the save for this build though the TKPs are supposed to be on this board and it’s almost ready. Just need to rest, and replace that motor.

Edit: worth mentioning I will have proper adapters for those trucks :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Alright trying to get this carver back up and running.

I had a spare ESC and motor luckily so, swapped those in. MakerX needs me to send in my other D100 for repairs so need to get on that. I put in a pass through usb c port since it seems like only USB connection works at times.

So excitingly my milled adapters came in early. They’re pretty close but still had to dremel here and there to make things fit properly.

Was to eager when tapping and snapped the bit. Had to run to the hardware store to get more taps, and go slower.

Mounted and loctited, time to let things cure.

6 Likes

Waiting for trucks, but I got BN M1 street drives from my secret Santa soooo moving everything to gear drive. Moving the reacher 205s, BN M1 AT, and Luna 350s to the DogeGT cruiser. Also, throwing the Evolve 7 inch pneumies on hubba hubs cause the BKBs are still popping tubes. I need to try slime out in those to see if that’ll help. The Lunas also alleviate the wheel bite I was still getting on the 12FIFTIES so, should be more confident on the board. Especially the way I have the Lunas they’re a bit looser, but have stable angles.

Anyways need to run detection, and if everything goes smoothly will try to get a run in before all the rain hits.

2 Likes

Was up to about 3am trying to slowly and quietly (hard to dremel quietly) install a heatsink I bought a while back. Ever since moving to BN AT drives 3.95 ratio, 205kv reachers, and 175mm tires my Stormcore 60d has been struggling to stay cool on relatively easy rides. Touching nearly 80c on a cold and wet day:

Those reachers though definitely staying cool :sunglasses:.

While I had it opened up decided I’m going to throw the WavRX iRemote and iLogger in there, since its incompatible with MakerX ESCs. I can connect the remote to the receiver, but still need to set it up. Left the puck receiver in there for backup/if I’m too lazy to set it up right now (real reason).

Also, learned dropping the rear drivetrain off the kingpin not a bad way to go. Granted my cables are clipped into those loaded clips making this easier.

Still have to put the board back together this morning and clean the mess I made. Wife’s outta town so I hijacked the living room :joy:.

2 Likes

Not the same distance but I’d say that’s a significant improvement…

Before:

After:

1 Like

My roommates have implemented a “no power tools after 9pm” house rule due to my maniacal dremeling habits

1 Like

@rafaelinmissouri i bought these for my race board but threw it in my cruiser to test out:

2 Likes

So you have 2 sets of 3 links now?

1 Like

Lol nah. I traded front trucks with @haven so just waiting for that to come in. Although, the race board is nearing completion so going to take off these 3Links and put the Jumas back on. Printing a 10 degree riser for the front to see if that helps the Jumas turn better.

1 Like

Been a minute but I did do some slight upgrades to the commuter, installed lights.

Annnnnd while doing so I learned that my enclosure has cracks. Probably be cause my deck is so flexy lol.

So you know just had to…

4 Likes

In other news we got some exciting things in the bench.

Team SKP building out some spines.

@Swol_Moon
@poastoast
@ARCTIC
@Skyart
@surfnacho

8 Likes

Keen to see how those wheels wotk out for you

2 Likes

The BRPs?

1 Like

5 Likes

Gotta mount the wheel gears first.

1 Like

What Battery config are you going to use?

1 Like

images (8)

These ones should do it

3 Likes

18s6p going with the SOLOs.

5 Likes

That’s a decent size enclosure? Escs under the tail?

1 Like

There’s still space in the pan with this battery config so likely won’t need to mount on the tail. But could if we need to.

1 Like