Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

As much as you want. All you really need is a thin layer to prevent rusting, any more is for sound dampening and is personal preference.

1 Like

How much until it generates too much heat?

1 Like

Uhh no clue. Don’t drown it, but any excess will fly.off the gears and just stay in the case, dampening sound.

2 Likes

Fair enough

1 Like

I don’t think anyone would recommend putting shaft collars on the motor shaft inside the BN gearbox.

The solution you should use is taking the motor apart and getting custom C clip groove features added

You could do what I did and put speed rings on either side.

1 Like

Having problems with the spacer for the Hypertrucks. The step down axle made the spacer extend the wheel way too much. Do I need to use larger 15mm spacer? Any ideas?

2 Likes

It is the wrong spacer entirely. There is a 14mm ID one that comes with lacroix adapters.

2 Likes

What’s the easiest solution people are coming up with for the motor pinion breaking free from the loctite?

I’ve ridden my BN drives for near a thousand miles and haven’t had a pinion come loose, but since I’m swapping motors around and stuff I figure it’s a good time for some preventative maintenance.

I’ve seen speed rings mentioned… how do you secure them to the shaft? Any other easier solutions? Is the loctite really just inevitably going to fail?

1 Like

Personal, after each time a remove a pinion, i clean the pinion and scuff the shaft with a bit with a wire brush, and then loctite the pinion on and wait a day or two. Ive used shaft collars before on a motor with no c clip and it held fine, dissasembly was a nightmare though. Can get number on loctie if you are curious but it has never failed me.

2 Likes

Kevin recommended 638 which is what I’ve been using. Hbu?

I have a few drill bit stoppers… wonder if I could loctite one in place above the pinion :joy: maybe too chonky tho

1 Like

#27100? I believe. Check it out…

Holds good i usually have a hassle getting the pinions to budge.

Also i have a motor with no c clip and used a 10mm shaft colar from my local hardware store and honestly i like it better than the c clip. The problem is they are a few mm to big for most mounts so they rub the mount with grub screw.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised that stuff works so well for you considering it’s threadlocker and not retaining compound…

Lmao… I didnt even realize, its stupid strong.

1 Like

I use speed rings with 738 to hold it on. I also shave down the motor key level with the shaft and tuck it underneath the speed ring.

2 Likes

Do you use 638 on the speed rings too?

Kinda rambly but here’s my attempt at explaining what I did to my motor pinion

5 Likes

What about an 8mm shaft collar?

May give it a go. I can loctite and crank the set screw and then also green loctite the collar itself to the shaft…

1 Like

Seemed like a viable option too, I just liked the idea of the c-clamp actually tightening.

2 Likes

Calling out a typo here for future thread readers. I think you guys mean loctite 638

2 Likes