J Tyrannotron Bench

That’s a prior build. The QS8 is for a new build I’m doing 20s4p P42a with MakerX D100. On my next build I do plan to use the QS8 as a loop key.

Edit: to clarify that’s two new 20s builds that I’ll be using the QS8s in.

3 Likes

i can only pay attention so much… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

in any event. note that some of those guys ordered the QS-8 with a larger resistor.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yup I got it off @hummieee custom batch.

2 Likes

@Shadowfax this shows the sleeves, but I’ll post another pic where I also capture the motor key

2 Likes

Thanks Jimmy - for anyone looking to do this too, I discovered 8mm skate bearing spacers are good for it

2 Likes

Here’s a photo of what I mean by encapsulating the motor key with the sleeve.

5 Likes

Reminds me of a plain ol shaft collar

4 Likes

Basically is but you don’t have to worry about the set screw

4 Likes

Yeah cause it’s loctited in as well

2 Likes

Having VESC issues but otherwise here’s where I’m at with the build.

I want a different back foot stop in either black or silver or will dye the current one black. Still need to put gasket in and foam, was going to do all that once I had a successful test ride but hasn’t happened.

Edit: it also sits high so think of making it drop through somehow.

2 Likes

Looks high - are you on adjustable base plates?

Edit - yup see it now. Get some paris base plates. That will be much better

2 Likes

Yeah the BN ones

2 Likes

Too high for thane IMO. I’d find an angle you like and then go for regar baseplates to drop it down.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good idea. Definitely too high for thane. Although ultimately this isn’t supposed to be a thane build or at least not initially.

3 Likes

This looks pretty good to me.

2 Likes

I think they add like 16mm of height…
Compared to caliber baseplates.
Definitely a noticeable change.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty significant I’ll likely take Evan’s (@Shadowfax) suggestion and try to find the right angles first then switch. Or like I mentioned route the deck and go drop through

2 Likes

This sounds hard…

1 Like

With the split angle base plates likely even harder

2 Likes

Went and epoxied in my through bolt threads.

Then went for a shakedown run last night, was too eager as it was still wet out and ended up falling :confused:. Made it to a parking garage though to get some laps in. This board is so carvy it’s siiick, can’t wait to get it to its full potential.

Encountered an issue where full throttle cuts out and stops throttling, almost got me. Didn’t really find any obvious issues as to why.

Still don’t know what the issue is but it only happens at full throttle, and it’s repeatable on the bench so my temporary solution…

Was walking out the door in full gear, buuuut it rained again.

2 Likes