How to remove/install a 3D Servisas kegel wheel pulley [SRO]

To install the 3D Servisas kegel pulley:

• Put the pulley in the wheel
  • Set the pulley on a hard surface
  • Put a wood block on top of the wheel
  • Hit the wood block hard {centered over the wheel hub}

To remove the 3D Servisas kegel pulley:

Set the wheel like this with a bolt in one of the holes

Hit the bolt hard a few times until it moves slightly. Then put the bolt on the other side and hit it hard a few times until it moves. Then go back to the first hole and repeat. The pulley will eventually fall out. You have to hit it kind-of hard. (See how I smashed the bolthead? It’s not smashed in the first photo :wink: )

The top of the pins will have a little mark.

Protip: don’t drop the pulley or it can get dented:

See the badly-dented pulley tooth? :cry:

15 Likes

So you can bash it with a hammer but a fall with damage it.

3 Likes

It appears so :slight_smile:

You would have to build an adapter, but I picked up one of these gear pullers from the local auto parts store for like $20. Put two bolts you whack with a hammer through an arm that sits on the center bolt. I’m not sure if you can see in the close up picture. I stuck the fuzzy side of some velcro inside the jaws to protect my fancy hubs from scratches. Any excuse is a good excuse to buy a new tool.

4 Likes

My wife hates me some days because of this. From now on I’m gonna tell her it’s your fault :slight_smile:

5 Likes

One of these days when I am feeling energetic I will write a primer on fatigue, shock loads, crack growth, and crack initiation. I’ve read some things that aren’t quite correct on the other site. Given the beating these boards take under our feet I’m probably oversensitive to the subject.

1 Like

I honestly don’t understand how people put a thousand miles on a boosted. I feel like I would decimate one in a few weeks. I typically tear all of my boards down every 6 months or so just to make sure everything is good, I almost always find something to fix that is stress related.

4 Likes

my favorite on the facebook groups is “my esc in my wowgo/skatebolt/whatever else these shitty boards are being named stopped working how do I get it to work again because the company wont reply to my emails.” My response you buy a shitty board you get shitty service/quality.

2 Likes

a proper and fitting end to a phillips-head!

1 Like

Used an Allen key lol. Worked fine

1 Like

I used a bolt I didn’t care about :rofl:

1 Like

Good ole wiha does the trick

2 Likes

I’m beating the shit out of the second one with a mallet and can’t get it…

1 Like

About to lose it…

2 Likes

I legit barely had to hit mine lol. Not sure what wheels your using

1 Like

Much easier done with a hydraulic press

Perhaps that degree of force is not needed.

1 Like

How NOT to…

6 Likes

What the fuck did you do…

5 Likes

Well. My first mistake was buying Boas… It was all down hill from there…

7 Likes