Push fit pulley options - a guide

No you still need some extra axle i believe. I haven’t ever used them as intended because I’ve only ran them on surfrodz. (10mm axles)
The pulleys have two different inner diameters

1. Same size as normal skate bearings. This is the intended place for the bearings.

2. Larger hole to clear hangers.
    ( Matt found a bearing that just happens to fit this second diameter perfectly with a 10mm inner diameter)

That bearing ends up resting up against were the smaller hole is that’s intended for a normal skate bearing.

So on surfrodz i use two bearings per wheel and 1-3 bearing per pulley

1 Like

Hmmm. These are damn fine pulleys, and they have a bearing seat which is great and make coasting friggin amazing. I wonder if I should hit up TB about swapping these out because it’s definitely a core issue considering they fit better in my cags…

1 Like

Try swapping your wheels around. Most people have found that the reversed core is not on all of them. If you have 2 good ones then no drama.

1 Like

Nope it’s on all of them. shiiiiat. much better fit when I press the pulleys in from the other side.

Maybe @b264 has some advice.

I think the @3DServisas pulleys changed a bit from version to version. The first ones had 5.6mm pins which were a tad too big, then I think they made them smaller to fit better but now with the cores coming from the factory facing different directions I think they should increase it to 5.5mm and at least 19.5mm long

So which version do you have? What is the pin diameter and how long are they?

the D is 5.5mm and shafts are about 19.1mm long

1 Like

reversed cores on the TB110s makes so much sense because when I push them in from the wrong side they fit way better.

1 Like

They are slightly too short then, I think for that core. They need to be 19.5mm and 20mm to 22mm is much better.

Can you put some heatshrink tubing on them? I bet they’d be tight then.

1 Like

then why do they fit so much better from the other side then? I’ll try the heatshrink

My length measurements aren’t perfect BTW because I can’t angle the calipers properly to get a perfect reading, so my measurement might be off there.
@b264
This is the best shot my shitty iphone will permit

1 Like

Had to installed it the bolt fit method in the end :laughing:

1 Like

Is there a plate in there before the bolts or are they bolted straight into the core? I’d suggest a spacer.

1 Like

I haven’t manage to get spacers for now, Dicky suggested the same thing when I showed him the photo :+1:

Is it recommended due to the vibrations causing the bolt to loosen up?

You just need to spread the load so that the core doesn’t get damaged.

DeeOyem

3 Likes

What tool do you guys use for these pulleys? Arbor press?

No just your hands.

Holy gorilla grip Batman.

Is it supposed to be flushed all the way? I have well had bkb pulleys on mine before and I can’t get it to go all the way in.

1 Like

With kegel I didn’t have any issues. It is plastic-metal contact

Sometimes I use another wheel and hammer it in like a rubber mallet. Might be frowned upon…

The only one I’ve found I couldn’t get the bearing into ny hand was the 3d servitas one. Which is a good thing.

1 Like