Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

I already have that kit in my head, just haven’t gotten it on the site yet. That configuration is available/in stock.

6 Likes

My pins are stuck in my cloud wheels can’t pull them out, any suggestions?

Cloud wheels don’t use a standard abec core, so fitment may be an issue. Can you send a pic?

1 Like

get a flathead screwdriver, jam it between pulley flange and wheel, starts prying, go around the edge, should pop off easily

2 Likes

Try something similar to this maybe

2 Likes

@Antguy
I would imagine it to be the plastic core expanding with moisture.
If you can’t get it out with force, instead of hacking it to pieces it might be worth a try to put in in the oven at like 50° for a good few hours, door slightly open and fan on check the temp! if nothing else works

After seeing this post, i was wondering of anyone had home-brewed an adapter so that the M1 drives work on DKP trucks? (Id be using 50** motors too)

3 Likes

Lol I don’t know if anyone has done this but making a small metal plate to do that shouldn’t be too big of a struggle

3 Likes

Hey Brent - do you have a build log or any more pics for this reverse mount setup?

Looking for a drop through / gear drive combo is like hunting for a unicorn on here. I’m especially curious how much clearance you ended up with for the motors. Any pics of the finished board would be awesome.

how did you get your M1s to fit on the 10mm bn270 axle. did you drill it out, or did you use a 10mm-8mm axle

1 Like

I don’t understand, both sets of BNM1 I’ve bought have come with 10mm mounting sockets, not 8mm.

I have run the BNM1 on the BN220 trucks with 8mm shafts as well but I used wide spacers to apply a consistent pressure along the axle to keep the M1 aligned, but the caliber hanger mounts already to a great job.

1 Like

$10mm bit on amzn

You can drill the adapter to 10mm diameter but you also must compensate for the fact that the 6900 bearing is 1mm thinner. This is important. You must add a 1mm thick washer or spacer to account for this or the drive won’t assemble properly.

4 Likes

Are the adapters that come 10mm already accounting for the 1mm (3mm because 3 bearings?) Difference?

Did someone say berg adaptors?

Yes. More cost effective to have two separate “versions” of the adapter than to pay for a 1mm spacer. It also controls the compression of the o-ring more precisely.

4 Likes

Hello, do you have any instructions how to assemble this part to the wheel?
Thanks!

If you take a look at my assembly video, you can see how to take it off, but in short:

1. Remove the three countersunk screws from the star plate
  2. Remote star plate
  3. Place new pizza plate on
  4. Loctite the countersunk screws
  5. Install all three screws and torque appropriately
6 Likes

I saw your video, but the pizza plate doesn’t have screw to screw the bolts of the wheel.

Forget, the screws of the wheel pass through until the pizza plate.
I just need to know now the length of the screws :sweat_smile:
Thanks mate!

1 Like