Precision Kegal pulleys

4 Likes

What’s the axle length on the truck?

2 Likes

That’s a DKP truck :nauseated_face:

yup… I thought so, nylon definitely doesn’t even touch the threads, even w/ normal bearings.

1 Like

push the pulley harder into the wheel, the kegel core holes wall is not straight (whatever the correct term for it)

e: conical hole? i think? i don’t know what it’s called

3 Likes

I know this is a different brand, sorry, but this procedure might work well if the pins are tight.

3 Likes

They’re fully on there, here’s them with some non built in spacer bearings w/o washers:

The nylon grabs the threads this time, by only by a half bolt turn.

4 Likes

then i don’t know, i can also check my set once i have them on hand

u got washer on there?

1 Like

This; maybe getting some 0.2mm axle washers (speedrings) would be of benefit over the standard 1mm type.

I’ve used them before but they are very difficult to source.

2 Likes

…and sometimes you think you find them, but when they arrive, they just barely won’t fit on the 8mm axle…

1 Like

I believe DKP trucks have a 55mm axle (bn trucks are 50mm)…? You think could show me a picture of the pulley properly seated in the tb110?

1 Like

here

5 Likes

Nope, with a washer on it’s exactly like the picture w/ the zealous bearings.
who wants some 36t pulllleysssss, ill trade

2 Likes

This is what I’m looking at. If I hammer it in, it’ll warp the core. It’s sitting right on it.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, don’t hammer that in

4 Likes

@slizer18 @frame @b264 @Fromualdez
That is exactly how it should look. The flange on the pulley and the outer diameter of the kegal core are 47mm. When fully pressed in, the flange should sit directly on the core.
I designed these pulleys to work with axels 54mm+ The axels I made for my hangers are 10-8 stepped 54mm long. (8mm portion is the standard 34mm). I knew that BN had stepped axels 56mm long, and also 10mm 60mm long. I didn’t realize that the BN 220 axels were only 50mm long, which is about 3-4mm to short.
So, there are two solutions to this…

1. I could drill and tap the pulley and provide and front cap and then you run them without a bearing on these shorter axel trucks. I know that is how everybody else is doing it.
  2. There is room in the pulleys to bore the bearing seat 5mm deeper. This would solve the issue for the 50mm axels. This would surely be the best option.
    I could do this today for whom ever is using the BN 220’s and get them sent out probably tomorrow or Tuesday. I will cover all the costs. (The pulleys you have will still work perfectly with the longer axels)
    Cheers, Phil
7 Likes

Yes, I hate those as well, but I had a couple people ask if the pulleys fit them, and I had that laying around.

I like this one better

4 Likes

Wow… you’re awesome. I’d love to run it with bearing.

Can someone check my math? Depth of the face of the pulley to the bearing is 12mm. Adding another 5mm makes it 17mm.

Hangar length is 220mm.
Motor mount is 8mm x2
Motors are 81mm. x2
Pulley adds 17mm. x2

So 212mm worth of equipment on a 220 hangar. I’m pretty sure this works…

1 Like

If you are wondering about the clearance between 6380 motors, your good, as far as the pulleys go.

2 Likes

If you ended up seating the bearing further in, would it be able to clear the hangar?

2 Likes