Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

On PC you can whitelist them.
(Addon is Sponsorblock)

On Mobile i put things i sometimes like to see as the “Manual skip” button.

The squeak happens when a wire within a motor is messed up. But to be honest, I don’t know a lot about those motors. You should probably check it out. My motors are also sensorless and I haven’t heard that at all, but it should be skipping a bit, which probably is the squeaking thing

:

Also the one thats freely able to move, I don’t know, but the second one might have something stuck and isn’t allowing movement.

LoL not youtube, I love videos

…for entertainment.

But no love for howto or instruction or help or reference videos. Very occasionally they can be helpful, but usually only when embedded in hypertext directions and definitely not as a standalone video.

I feel really dumb and hope someone can help me out, how do I install 3DS pressfit pulleys, should there be three bearings total or 2 and what about these spacers provided

1 Like

I don’t know, but I call that “squeaking out”

It’s some kind of bug or artefact of the motor commutation code, and I don’t know what it is yet. Release the throttle and reapply.

Question about tramps barrels (since kalys had issues with theirs):

I brought mine but realized they were a bit too large for my trucks, so I took off a few cm to get them to fit nicely. I’m not 100% on this but would that be considered a bad move on my part? Or is it fine to cut them and see if it still works okay?

Currently can’t test this due to snow in my area.

Huh weird, I guess it depends on how it’s laid out and what the subject matter is for me

Improve your writing with Grammarly.
Write with more nice, nicer, no wait, exquisite wording.

2 Likes

I think i’m lucky i don’t have traumas with grammarly. I was neck deep in adblockers right before the adpocalypse, but these raid shadow legends keep seeping in theough the cracks…

1 Like

Answered my own question… it loses turning radius.

1 Like

ah, gotcha.

im reassembling my drivetrain rn as I have a new deck. Does anyone have any specific info about this enclosure? eboosted doesnt have dimensions or anything but the battery @Skyart sold me is apparently made for this thing. Anyways, does anyone have this enclosure or have the dimensions?

@eBoosted

We include a kickstart card. Perhaps we’ll just include a note to check our YouTube instructional vids.

1 Like

My deck has some slight curvature, how do I compensate for the curvature on the edge with an enclosure? I’m looking to buy one, but they all seem flat. Has to be ~40+mm tall, and 145mm wide.

Here’s the deck for what it’s worth

A good enclosure is designed for a specific deck, and is fitted to the curvature of that deck. An off-the shelf or “universal” enclosure might not have that curvature, especially if you are buying a cheap piece of shit plastic enclosure off amazon lol. Check out @BigBen and @eBoosted for good enclosures.

If you are buying a cheap POS plastic enclosure, then you can do maybe two things to compensate for the curvature.

1. Thicc gasket. I like closed-cell neoprene sheets. 0.5" (13mm) is usually think enough, but this depends on how much gap you need to make up for.

2. Heat gun the flanges of the plastic enclosure to soften it, and then mold it to the deck. This is risky, and easy to fuck up. Go slow and be careful.

3 Likes

If I could expand on this, and everything he said is spot on —

If you’re going to cheap out on anything make sure it’s not the enclosure or battery. Those are the two most important things. Period.

1 Like

Yeah for sure. @Evwan the one thing I forgot to mention about those cheap plastic POS enclosures is that they will crack and break under a strong breeze, or when mercury is in retrograde.

2 Likes