Heed the warnings, don't trust Torqueboards

I hope this post finds those well who are looking into purchasing from TorqueBoards / DIYElectricSkateboard. I saw both the positive and negative reviews and gave the company the benefit of the doubt.

TLDR

I basically got a defective product and am stuck with it and out $800. The motor still have the original plastic on them. They dragged/made noise the second the came out of the box. The board was never used outside, it actually never left the room the board was being built in.

My experience

• [Nov 27] Invoice paid / order confirmed for TB for a set of TB DD XL 75kV
  • [Dec 1-17] Email back and forth saying XL 75kV were out of stock and that XL 60kV were available and that a new shipment of 75kV were ā€œin productionā€. Chose to wait
  • [Jan 14] Email saying XL 75kV are discontinued
  • [Jan 28 - Feb 6] Email back and forth on what to replace them with and order updated to XL 60kV. Email saying ā€œthey will get shipped on mondayā€.
  • [Feb 26] Contacted TB asking about an update as I havenā€™t heard anything. TB response that bushings were out of stock. They would getting more the following Mon and ship the order out.
  • [Mar 12-13] Contacted TB asking if they shipped. TB response asking me which motor I want. A couple back and forth trying to remind him of my order. TB responded that my ā€œorder was added to outgoing orders and that it will be shipped with the next shipmentā€
  • [Mar 24] Emailed TB asking if the order went out
  • [Mar 31] TB response ā€œnot sure why the order didnā€™t go out. Weā€™ll send it tomorrowā€
  • [Apr 1-7] TB shipped Apr 1, received Apr 7
  • [Apr 13-16] Took the motors out of the box and realized one of them is severely dragging and making a loud grinding and clicking noise. Emailed TB. Some back and forth reminding me of my order (order number in email subject) and him suggesting things for me to try to fix.
  • [Jun 4] Emailed TB asking for a single motor replacement
  • [Aug 16] No response still, sent a follow up email giving 2 weeks before i attempt a bank dispute
  • [current] Still no response

Lessons

So today, I attempted a bank dispute. Turns out with Visa, that you have 60 days from the transaction or 108 days from the date of receiving the product. So my dispute is invalid.

Between the terrible customer service, the long conversations/delays in email, me trying to be polite, I missed any window I had of a LEGAL dispute. Donā€™t be me. If you look like youā€™re going to be burned, make haste.

36 Likes

popcorn-eating-popcorn

Jokes aside, this really sucks dude Iā€™m sorry you had this experience.

27 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry you had to go through this shit with torqueboards. Youā€™re out of legal options, as in you cannot sue?