PSA: Be super careful with TorqueBoards Direct Drives, almost got very injured again with them

oh boy… Here’s a star. @moon :star:

17 Likes

Yes I was determined to fix.
@torqueboards are the motor parts - bearings, stator, rotor loctite together to stop movement, as there appears to be nothing stopping the rotor sliding a couple mm over the stator, leaving the windings almost rubbing on the end plates of the motor case.
I have reassembled with loctite 609 and it appears to be stable now.
What about a shim between stator and the small bearing, to make the entire assembly non compressible. Then when the wheel nuts are tightened all it’s doing is pushing the entire wheel /motor onto the axel?
Am I missing something here?

when something is sold as preassembled, they are not simply just “the motor parts”

i don’t understand some of the logic itt, but re: dick riding

1 Like

@Kram720 I’m assuming you got the very first version released? If I’m understanding you correctly. Last few versions this was fixed.

@worldismine772 We do apply red loctite. It is also possible to break the loctite seal as well and/or the loctite seal didn’t set in time. Will include more details on maintenance. As I said, I’m sorry it happened to you glad you are okay. Injuries are no joke. Please do check your board even if it is our QC that has failed.

4 Likes

Don’t offer to fix or remedy the situation at hand in any way shape or form that could have been severely threatening to your customers physical condition/potentially deadly or anything… just point fingers and don’t realize your/your products mistakes… typical dex

5 Likes

@Longboardshort
For the last time, if you can’t keep yourself safe. Do NOT BUY anything from TORQUEBOARDS.
Learn how to fall. Learn how to maintain your board. It’s not hard.
We do what we can. If all else fails, read above. :arrow_up:

6 Likes

this mother fucker, really

i’d also check with your legal team with regards to labeling/promoting something as bolt-on, ready to go, with no maintenance advisements and what you could be liable for in the event of failure resulting in injury/death from your companies lack of QC

16 Likes

advertising anything as pre assembled is tough because everything has a limit to where it fails/comes apart.
I would say if you go to ride without checking bolts, there is a risk there. Everyone makes mistakes no matter what and learning/sharing knowledge is always the most important part.

3 Likes

I’m lost for words. :woozy_face:

6 Likes

me2, seriously

3 Likes

stop saying learn to fall better because there’s a possibility that products that you promote as ready2go with no maintenance requirements (at least none advertised) might fail because of your incompetence

do you see the ridiculousness in that? like seriously, listen to yourself, you’re not selling a little toy that doesn’t go 30mph+

jUsT lEaRn To FaLl BeTtEr

1 Like

Yeah, as I said. Don’t BUY. There are many other vendors here.

Yes, I’m not selling a little toy which means prepare yourself for the worse. I’d rather you not ride and get hurt because you don’t think your ever going to fall or things will ever fail.

Holy :cow2:! I’m done.

5 Likes

16 Likes

I don’t expect a unit sold as a final, bolt-on product, to fail

it’s the 2nd time with 2 different sets

i have nothing against you or your business, and I admire what you do here, but make people aware that these are failure prone

anyway, yes, done deal, I learned my lesson and won’t use DD’s until they are more stable

5 Likes

No, don’t buy anything from me. We have many wonderful vendors here who can help you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, there are more honest vendors here who don’t just blame the customer.

I’d appreciate if you resolve my 90kv RMA though or refund, or donate the revenue to this forum

8 Likes

I don’t think you learned much at all. This whole situation could have been avoided if you just did a weekly maintenance check. That goes for any ready-to-run product. Even a perfect product can fail eventually with enough neglect.

5 Likes

I don’t mean to blame you. But it’s not worth your life by not being prepared.

We’ll update our info so people are more informed.

8 Likes

this is the 2nd set of DD’s that have failed on me, the other set was on the first ride

but nEgLeCt RiGhT

so yes, I did learn my lesson with DD’s, but yes I will also be more aggressive with checking the boards before I ride them now

3 Likes

:+1: Doing that pretty much eliminates most mechanical failures that you could face.

2 Likes