Hey Esk8.news forum!
I’ve been running a project development thread back on esk8.builders ( https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/flexibms-lite-new-approach-to-get-past-vaporware-stage/85493 ) from the start of 2019 for my FlexiBMS Lite project, which was based on my earlier approach to BMS electronics from a year earlier.
I’m migrating to Esk8.news as I have heard through the “grapevine” some not so flattering things about what’s going on with esk8.builders moderation and administration. I will be posting major updates on both sites, but I’m gonna start spending more of my time here with more of the smaller random updates and discussions.
To give a short summary of the project so far:
I’ve been developing the hardware and firmware through this year and have been through a couple of hardware iterations and I’m now at 0.4 HW iteration, which I’m also labelling as RC1 (Release Candidate). I’m going to be building 10-15 boards of this iteration and shipping some of them to testers for both HW testing and FW/SW collaborative development. If you’re interested in more chronological development progress I suggest visiting the original project thread over at esk8.builders linked above.
- 3S-12S pack configuration
- ~85 mA balancing current @ 4.15V cell voltage
- Charge-only (no discharge path control, later Pro-version will feature discharge path control)
- 10 Amp max charging current
- Charging current sense
- 1 External NTC temperature probe connection
- UART- or I2C-comms
- 1 Opto-isolated input or output
- USB-micro connection for PC connectivity and configuration
- <100µA Quiescent current when in standby