200A discharge 3.7V 8AH flat pouch lithium ion cells

These pouches seem to be on sale for a very good price.

This guys seem to have made an esk8 with these batteries.

Anyone on here try this? How viable is it? These have amazing 200a discharge rates too! (And 80a charge rate! XD )

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to use them for a while but had to prioritize buying a more useful 12S li-ion pack.

This sale is awesome though you can get 36 cells for around $200 shipped. 1.1Kwh and 600A is pretty good for the price of a metro battery on sale. No spot welding too!

3 Likes

I felt funny about this product. They have definitely seen some use. Expect a few bad cells in there.

Here is a 6s I made and abandoned bc of strange heartburn it gave me.

11 Likes

you got a build thread on how you attached the tabs?
(screws + bolts?)

2 Likes

#6x3/16" machine screws with #6 or #8 fender washers

3 Likes

@Gamer43 has some of these and is working with them. Please annoy him with questions.
Reading usernames is too hard.

1 Like

Was not expecting them to fit in the hummie deck super well.

4 of them bare is 32mm tall so even with some isolation should still fit in the double stack BigBen enclosure. ESC but hopefully not BMS would need to be external.
bbec

11 Likes

These cells are actually lithium polymer, right? They say lithium ion, which may be technically correct but still misleading.

4 Likes

whats the S and P count of your pack? :o

1 Like

Well I have 60 cells to play with, I want to try 12S1P.

I feel like I need a 3rd hummie deck (I have two TB40 on order). then I’ll have 5 decks perfect amount.

4 Likes

Sweeeeeeeeet. It might sag like hell, but the first few miles will be tons of fun and $48 for a 8ah pack is near fucking unbelievable.

If you don’t go overboard on the discharge, it might be a really good 40A pack pushing a couple 5xxx motors on thane. If it got anywhere close to 20mi, I’d be ecstatic.

1 Like

I was thinking these would go really good with a high capacity 18650 charge and ride setup.

these are rated 200a packs. there are youtube reviews and tests that prove this as well! Crazy packs

4 Likes

Yeah, but running them anywhere close to that is going to be heat/sag city and 8AH is going to go quick.

Whereas running at lower amperage takes advantage of the high rated discharge in the form of less sag than a similar cap cell w/ lower discharge.

6 Likes

I also thought If you had more than one pack made of these you could have one internal and one external because these can be charged super quick. Coupled by a constant discharge regulator that can take high current. Like a VESC? maybe.

No. This is NMC type Li-ion battery. Mainly use for car battery.

14 Likes

Wanted to say this but could not find my source.

thank you!

2 Likes

Interesting, 90% of the people using them refer to these as lithium polymer.

If it’s NMC that’s great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because is in pouch many people think is LiPo. Is not.

7 Likes

I definitely plan on using these batteries for an electric vehicle I’m building. I’m gonna start with one 39S1P pack and after I’ve tested that they will work for my purpose, I will buy more lots of 39 and just keep adding until I’ve used all the space that I have available, so cheap for the specs that they have

3 Likes