The battery builders club

Dope spotwelding pack.

2 Likes

$24 plus shipping for the 6 spim cells then, and $6 for the rest of the materials

1 Like

Ohhh wait I didn’t even notice the first link lol. Are 3 of those not enough to run the welder for enough time?

1 Like

3S3P was barely too much so 2P was good for me.

Why do you need to save $12??

2P is lasting a long time.

1 Like

I’m just wondering if I can save a little bit but its alright :laughing:.

So um my next question is what kind of copper can I use for hooking cells up that peak at those high currents when I weld

1 Like

Read the thread, ALL of my posts. Then ask me something

5 Likes

is the steel city store on aliexpress a reputable nickel vendor?
I think i heard this store sells pure nickel on this forum

I need some 0.2x50mm and 0.2x30mm nickel

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3874113?spm=a2g0o.store_home.1000001.12.7a214fb4j8lK77

I believe so; I’m pretty sure people have bought from there with good results

1 Like

What the hell you planing to use that on a e skate. Triple row or something

1 Like

Double stack with a fold over

3 Likes

:point_up:t2:exactly this
also just to have it laying around. Some day I’ll need it for something and then I can use it without waiting a month

1 Like

Do you need the fold over 50mm 0.2 must be able to Cary 45amp ish. Double it up and no series links needed nickles good for a solid pack

Unless its a brick pack, I think it’s a wise idea to build all esk8 batteries with the ability to flex.

6 Likes

Send me a PM i can sell you the lipos I used before I got that BMW battwry.

2 Likes

Is there a smart bms out there that is small ? I have the one that is from ali but its huge and want a chatge only version for my short board build.

2 Likes

If you’re down to try (and can’t find a smaller bms) you could maybe configure your charge setup with an external BMS like this

2 Likes

I’ve gotten in the habit of taping off every freaking thing while I’m welding…
also, I do a little tap-tap with the nickel where I think it’s going to go. If it sparks, WRONG… No sparky spark, no worries

These high amp cells are insane when shorted :joy:

3 Likes

:triumph: 3 days weekend gonna start TONIGHT making my 6s 10or9p, still don’t know wich way it’ll be but I’ve got time :joy: ( saying this at the bus station waiting like a dumb fuck)

1 Like

nvm too tired lool

1 Like