The battery builders club

Yea but fogstar offers better prices for lower quantities i think.

1 Like

yeah true dat

I am confused here…
how do you get such a good prices? 3,90€ for p42a? 2,60€ for 30Q?

1 Like

They’ll do a custom invoice per email with a bit better prices if u ask nicely ^^
(and pay per bank transfer)

1 Like

wow, amazing! thanks for sharing your secrets! :grin:

1 Like

Buy 50 times for 3.93€ without VAT

And this hardly depends on your country I think:
https://ru.nkon.nl/molicel-21700a-4200mah-30a.html

I love his videos…the motor survived this fire, amazing!!

1 Like

19 Likes

Yikes, that’s some shitty build quality.
Glad no one was hurt. That fire was blocking the door. Anyone else think it’s cool to build shit batteries?

3 Likes

@ApexBoards this is looking really good, though I’m a little confused about the purpose of it. I assume it is to make the balance wiring simpler? And what is the purpose of the 6 through holes?

The 6 through holes are the connection points for the two main power outputs and the charge connector. these are the only necessary external connections.

1 Like

What are y’all planning to connect the pack positive and pack negative to the PCB with? If you only use nickel I could see that being a bottleneck, as it is one long run of nickel where, by the end of it, it would be carrying potentially 100+ amps. Also, what are the specs of the PCB to be able to handle big current? Copper weight?

1 Like

Battery positive and negative is connected with <10 awg equivalent braided cable and PCB is 2oz copper with >40mm trace width, both sides for power carrying traces.

1 Like

Top notch :ok_hand: I expected nothing less from yall A+ builders :wink:

1 Like

Love seeing these new options for packs!
Where are the two thermistors going to be placed?

1 Like

Inside somewhere. not 100% sure yet.

2 Likes

One on the edge cell and one close to the center would give the best overall data I think

Oh dang, I only just realized that the SmartBMS is hiding behind the PCB lol. What are those 4 wires that appear to come around the front of the PCB and are soldered in place?

1 Like

For testing, I agree. Try out different locations and get the temp differences across the pack.

For production IMO they should be be deep inside, spaced out from each other. This lets them better detect any hotter cells.

Thermistors have a very long response time (large time constant) and very poor thermal coupling to a round object like a cell. Getting them as close as possible to the potential hot spots might be better for production packs?

1 Like