The battery builders club

Wait a second. Those wires say “VCC” “TXD” “RXD” and “GND”. Which makes me think they are the UART connectors for the BMS.

BUT

If the UART Terminal for the BMS is on the FRONT of the CUSTOM PCB, then that leads me to believe that the BMS is actually populated onto the back of the PCB.

@ducktaperules did yall have a custom PCB built with balance tab connectors and the full BMS populated onto the back?! :nerd_face:

Cus that would be seriously cool.

I might be way off base here haha.

1 Like

I would love to see some IR imaging and pack impedance and inductance measurements. Great data if there was to be a V2 pack and I’m just really interested in that kind of stuff.

LOL…actually, that’s exactly what can’t be posted. It just hands any competitor data they can use…nvm.:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Battery_Mooch if you would need to choose a cell for a 12s1p pack which should be able to output 35A (not continues but for like 10-20second peaks) and the overall capacity would be not main priority, which cell would you choose? P42A, 30T or any other?

2 Likes

SPIM08HP :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jokes aside, I think that p42a would be my choice. Interested to hear what Mooch says though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These graphs don’t really agree, but the answer is probably P42A.

1 Like

yes 1P spim cells does not mess around.

I have yet to even try out 2P but I will soon go 6S2P on the leiftech.

1 Like

:joy:
Should have added the cells should be one of the formats like 18650, 21700 or similar. No lifpo4 or LiPo pouches or what not ever.

Just was curious if there is a other cell with great performance we just do not recognize with our focus on 30q, vtc6 and p42a cells.

If there is no, then P42A vs. 30T would be the battle.

2 Likes

Where don’t the graphs agree?
They go down to different voltages if that might be the issue.

1 Like

That’ll do it :+1:

1 Like

At 35A…
If slightly cooler temps are the priority then the 30T.
If slightly longer running time is the priority then the P42A.
No other round cells to recommend at that high a level. There are huge LFP cells around though with very high current ratings but I have not tested them.

I haven’t done cycle life testing of the 30T in order to compare them that way.

4 Likes

Sacrificial act. Giving one to the destrucative devil on your shoulder. Admitting the batery is done and no chance of resurrection. Act of closer

1 Like

30T vs VTC6A @ 35A… ANNNND FIGHT!

1 Like

A123 has entered the chat

Aw

I’ll just be over here sleeping on my bed of spims

2 Likes

35A as battery max setting for the esc.
That doesn’t mean there will be a constant draw of 35A. I would assume the average current draw would be somewhere between 15-20A max.

In fact I try to get a mini cruiser short range single drive board build and was hoping to get along with a 1p config and reasonable voltage sag while riding.

Are they meanwhile somewhere available?

1 Like

I can just use my old boosted battery :thinking::joy:

1 Like

Hey I’m riding my old onewheel battery with a bad cell removed! 15S1P isn’t too bad! (For a 4 mile loop and I carry the dead thing up my driveway)

1 Like

Sure, if you’re willing to pay. IMR has them.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean, with some higher voltage controllers available now, thinking about 16S1P SPIM08HP and 20S1P m1b a123 cells.

1 Like

I heard 20S lifepo4 was a bad idea for 75V

Definitely should throw a 16S Spim08hp together to see if it works great or what.