Xenith won't turn on!

I take it the switch would have a constant reading when held down? Like I said I get a reading for a split second on a quick press but on a long press then down to 0

Its not the mechanical switch itself, its a Chip on the PCB. It break quite easly, known issue. Some seem to hold up forever, some break after a short while.

2 Likes

Yeah I heard about this on the unity and previous xenith,I thought I would be able to just use the battery switch to power both on but realised you need to use the xenith switch alsoā€¦

Big red area is the FETs that is toggled, small circle is the antispark IC if I recall correctly, was a few months since i repaired one.

1 Like

Do you do repairs then or was it just one for use by yourself?

I do, but currently Iā€™m abit busy, theres other repairmen around tho.

@seaborder f.e

1 Like

Ok good to know,I know a guy in the eu thatā€™s repaired a drv for me before,always good to know more people that do if theyā€™re out of warranty :+1:

yeah that was the circuit for the switch, same fets used for the H-bridge :slight_smile:

1 Like

@WARMAN when checking the switch in continuity mode press the blue button on your multimeter. if you touch the probed together you should hear a beep. This tells you your in the right mode.

Then put them on the button wires, when the button is pressed you should also hear that beep.

If this is the case the mechanical button is fine. If you canā€™t make this work thereā€™s a chance that itā€™s just the button that is faulty.

2 Likes

FYI, some multimeters have the continuity mode as a sub-option of the selection wheel. Iā€™ve had two that had to be turned to the Ohm/resistance measurement setting, but then the continuity detection had to be selected with a select button, two or three taps in.

So it should be at a point where touching the probes gives you a tone/beep to show a completed circuit.

1 Like

Thanks @ducktaperules Iā€™ll try this after Iā€™ve eaten dinner,fingers crossed it is that,would be a quick fix!
Glad my Amazon delivery of remy martin 1738 cognac turned up today,Iā€™ll be having a glass or 3 later lol :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Ok so in the setting @Lee_Wright circled and pushing the blue button I get the beep when touching the probes together,I put the jst connections pointing up to get the probes in there and I get a constant reading and the beep!
Sounds like itā€™s what @linsus suggested!

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: Unity & Xenith Politics

If you want you can have a look at this thread and read until the bottom. This subject has been up before about blown antisparks on the unities. Im sure your case is no different.

Its not magically gonna work by itself. Either warranty or send it for repair.

Im curious to find out what the improvement was on this esc vs the old unity. Perhaps the failure mode where it gets stuck in ā€œOnā€ mode is solvedā€¦ but this (less frequent?)failure mode is still possible.

1 Like

Some good info there,Iā€™ve already emailed them,Just gonna give it another shot with a replacement.

I see people using loop keys instead,How would you use that with a xenith to bypass the antispark?
Iā€™m not going to but just interested in how one would do this?

you could just bridge the 2 MOM pins and add a loop key - something like this. l wouldnt build anything whithout

if you bridge the MOM pins you still use the antispark circuit in the unity- I think it would be possible to bridge the whole circuit but I assume it wasnt designed for this

someone did
@brown5tick

1 Like

Be interesting to know how this held up,Thanks :+1:
Edit:I see that update was 21 minutes ago, @brown5tick have any pics you could share?
@Fatglottis ever done this on a xenith?

Sorry, I havenā€™t got photos, no. Maybe @Fatglottis or @seaborder has.

I havenā€™t had the chance to put much mileage on mine since itā€™s been up-and-running again but I did give it some punishment, which itā€™s stood up to admirably.

2 Likes